Risky to use Miro with non-users?

• 21 May 2020
  • 6 replies

I’m facilitating a brainstorming session for a non-profit and am considering using Miro.  My thought was to upgrade to Team plan and let them in as guest editors. The problem is that none of the 20 participants have used it, so I’m hesitant to introduce a new tool. What’s the best way to get non-users up to speed in a week? Or should I not force it at this time?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jarrell McAlister -

Assuming your board is setup such that the collaborators will only be using a subset of Miro’s broad and deep tools and capabilities, it shouldn’t take much more than 15-30 minutes to get them up-to-speed. 

For my courses, I use a simple “sandbox” like the one below to orient them to its usage. We also provide a simple one page cheat-sheet.

A lot depends on how much you are expecting them to do...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Kiron,

this is really cool.

Michael

Kiron - that’s a great idea! Curious - do you have your folks register or use it as anonymous guests?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @mlanders !

@Jarrell McAlister, we have our learners register by sending them an invite to the project where our class boards reside. We’ve given them info in the cheat sheet on this (see below). I’ve avoided using the anonymous guest editor capability due to the lack of password protection (primarily) as well as the inability to enable guests to rename themselves while in the board.

Hey @Kiron Bondale , I’m in the same boat as @Jarrell McAlister, not 100% clear what non-registered users to whom I share my board can actually do, other than see what a mess I’ve made of all the ideas I’ve captured.  Do they have the same permissions and functionality as a free user would on his/her own boards?  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kevkhayat -

The following article has a list of the features which anonymous guest editors are not able to use: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-anonymous-Guest-Editors

Kiron