don't miss

Meet the Community | Introduce Yourself

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Miro Heroes! :wave_tone2:

My name is Marina and I am a Community Manager at Miro. Happy to be here with you and have a chance to create this space for all Miro users to connect, collaborate, co-create and share knowledge with each other :handshake_tone2: 

It will be cool if you introduce yourself here in the thread - share where you work, live, your role, and how you use Miro (share your bigger Miro story here).

Feel free to add any other interesting information or even a fun picture with your pet :wink: This is the best way for all of us to get to know one another!

564 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello there,

Adriaan here from Gent, Belgium. One of the most beautiful historical cities in Belgium (and beyond ;)

I call myself a design navigator. With a background in industrial design I help my clients to use design (thinking) on a strategical level. I’m the founder of two companies: Saflot creative consultants (with a focus on industrial design of physical products) and Apollo18 (using systemic design thinking to solve complex societal and environmental challenges).

Miro allows me to

• visualise and present complex processes
  • facilitate participation and co-creation workshops,
  • make a log book of all the content generated during these workshops
  • orden and make sence of all my thoughts flashing through my head
  • collaborate with distributed teams or remote freelancers
  • get feedback from clients
  • collect and sort all kinds of research (I love the grid and the pdf extract functions)

I also use Miro in education, in guiding master students

Happy to share insights on the value of using Miro

Gent
design thinking process

Userlevel 5

Hi guys!

My name is Martina and I am the Training and Development Expert at Q Experience :relieved:

We just recently started using Miro as a collaboration tool with our clients and for our distributed teams, as well as in trainings, workshops, brainstorming sessions or when developing new features and working on new projects.

I can safely say we are blown away by Miro and can’t wait to see what new features you have in mind :heart_eyes:

Cheers! :v:

Userlevel 3

Hey everyone!

My name is Anton, I’m a product manager at Miro responsible for the “knowledge management” area of the product. Everything connected to storing and managing your content and knowledge is on my focus.

If you are open to a short user interview about your experience and thoughts about Knowledge management tools, please feel free to reach out to me!

Userlevel 1

Hi there my name is Noel, i'm Scrum Master in General Software Inc, and i like Miro a lot. BTW i want to say sorry because my Spanglish is more better than my English. Thanks MIRO team.

Hey everyone! I’m Steph from Zapier. I’m a part of the Community team. I’m just checking in and saying hello to everyone at Miro. I look forward to connecting with everyone in this community. Cheers!

Userlevel 1

¡Hola! Aquí Javi, desde Colombia.  

Ayudo a equipos y organizaciones a idear y crear soluciones rápidas para sus marcas, productos, servicios y experiencias a través de Design Sprint y técnicas ágiles de resolución de problemas, ideación, prototipado y decisión estratégica. Soy un "Brandista" y Emprendedor hace más de 15 años en PKL GROUP. 

Uso MIRO para trabajar con clientes y mi equipo 100% remoto. Sería fenomenal encontrar colaboraciones en español también. Éxitos para todos por aquí.

Userlevel 3

Hello everyone, 

I’m a product manager at Miro with a focus on user management, team administration, licenses, and access rights. Feel free to reach to me with your feedback and ideas on organizing your teams and organizations, giving access to your boards and projects, and your overall experience with Miro Settings and Dashboard.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!

My name's John and I'm the founder / principal consultant for a distributed digital analytics agency. Originally from Sydney, now based in Glasgow, I'm fairly new to Miro; I'm using it to visualise the logic associated with complex tagging & analytics implementations informing reports on user journeys for our clients' websites and apps.

So far it's been great for communicating the work that we're doing, providing unique briefing methods for development requirements, and contributing to project management via the Asana integration. Looking forward to further expanding on the various different ways to use Miro within the business.

Please feel free to connect:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnnywandering/
https://twitter.com/johnnywandering

Cheers,
John

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone! 

My name is Robert Skrobe, and I’m the owner/operator of Dallas Design Sprints here in Texas.  My focus is on virtual design sprinting, process improvement and professional development.  I’m also the organizer of the Global Virtual Design Sprint and the manager of the (Design Sprint) Referral Network.

I am not well versed in Miro, but I plan on getting more acquainted with it in a run-up to the GVDS in May.  

Fun fact about me:  I host a podcast with my son about Roblox that gets 5x the amount of traffic and interest than my business podcast.  It’s called Alden’s Amazing Roblox Review and we have a lot of fun making it.

If y’all are into networking, you can find me on LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-skrobe-8620901/

Looking forward to meeting y’all, and hope you have a good rest of the week. :)

FYI:  The pic is of me and my son at Disney World.  He asked me to ride a water ride 16 times (I counted) because the lines were so short (it was also 60 degrees outside… he didn’t care much). 🤪

@Robert Skrobe Hey Rob,

What an awesome idea and concept to do a Roblox podcast with your son, I have a daughter that’s also heavily into Roblox.

Nice to meet you.

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

I’m a full-time freelance growth marketer, mostly work in B2B and through Upwork.

Found Miro through a friend's recommendation and been in love since, I use it for mapping out marketing funnels, outreach messaging sequences, and just visually plotting marketing ideas and sequences for the team to see and execute on.

I’ve been a full-time freelancer for the past 3 years +  and prior to that I worked product marketing for government and served 5 years in the U.S. Military as an interrogator.

When I heard Miro launched a community, I knew it would be a great place to connect with thinkers, designers, and architects that I could learn from.

Fun fact about me:
I was a very competitive gamer on Starcraft and Starcraft 2 - I ranked top 50 in USA and won money from tournaments.

Love psyhcology, marketing, and human behavior - always happen to chat about it.

Thanks for reading and nice to meet you all 👋

WordCamp Miami 2020

Userlevel 4

Fun fact about me:
I was a very competitive gamer on Starcraft and Starcraft 2 - I ranked top 50 in USA and won money from tournaments.

Oh cool 🙂 Do you have any VOD’s from your Starcraft days? @SpartanGomez 

Fun fact about me:
I was a very competitive gamer on Starcraft and Starcraft 2 - I ranked top 50 in USA and won money from tournaments

I am also a retired gamer. Counterstrike, Starcraft 1 and 2, and a few arcade games. My brother and I did tourneys for DDR, Street Fighter vs. Capcom, SoulBlade, Tekken, and some other ones that I can’t remember. We’re such nerds that my husband and I (he’s also a retired gamer), named our sons after an anime and a video game character, respectively.

Userlevel 3

Hey, I’m Stas one of the founders of Karma. Our team is a huge fan of Miro. We believe that the future is bright 🙂 for both of our companies.

I was born in Russia and emigrated to New Zealand in early 2000. Now, digital-nomading in Chile. Enjoying it big time. Cheers!

Userlevel 1

Hey all! I’m Jaz, a Digital Product Manager here at Domino’s :pizza: (UK). I’m primarily focused on our eCommerce platform and website, trying to make it ridiculously easy for you to order pizza! 

I joined about 12 months ago and one of the first things I did to help facilitate some more collaborative working was get a subscription for Miro :nerd:.

Hopefully there’s some pizza fans on here :wink:

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone

My name is Avi Bachar

I am an Agile & Leadership Coach working with Product Development Organizations who wish to develop a live and kicking continues improvement or continues relevancy culture.

I am an expert in showing teams how to deliver valuable product increments using smart planning and requirements gathering processes,

while play it smart and reduce waste and tech debt systematically over time using a robust automated quality pipeline.

the result is increasing rate of ROI.

my work involves both leading the design and execution of work processes, tools, automated workflows etc. on one hand and developing the motivation and leadership of management and focal members to drive forward the change and develop the culture and mindset of continues improvement and relevancy

Although I am using Miro for a year now in various uses and love it very much,

I am still trying to figure out how can I promote it in my business online.

I would like to take a greater step with Miro and find and promote services online and thus get to customers not in my region or that would prefer online consulting.

Hope to get some ideas here.

in my personal live I am practicing Buddhist philosophy and leading meditation groups.

I hope to find ways to use Miro also to enhance this area of my live as well.

email: avi.bachar@gmail.com

FB: https://www.facebook.com/avi.bachar (Mostly Hebrew)

Userlevel 4

Hi there! :raised_hands:

My name is Kate, I am a Product Manager for Consultant Solution at Miro.
My interest lies in everything around collaboration with clients and workshop experience. I’d love to hear your feedback and stories about integrating Miro in your processes, feel free to talk to me :wink:

I've just posted some use-cases for working with clients in Miro and happy to know your collaboration hacks as well! Let's discuss! :nerd:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone! 

My name is Vlada and I am a Customer Support Representative here at Miro. Helping our excellent Miro users and making their experience with Miro easier and friendlier is my everyday pleasure! :lollipop:

I use Miro regularly in my workflow and personal life and will be happy to share the best tips & tricks. :blush:

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

My name is Bülent and I am running a small org design & development practice - offering guidance for strategic initiatives.

Explored many areas before settling on OD&D, including Product Mng, UX and Innovation. I’m excited to discover Miro and eventually to become a power user for facilitating remote workshops. Currently, I’m exploring multiple tools for remote workshops & meetups - as this is an increasingly important need for my clients and for working with them.

Looking forward to contributing to the community and to participating to the webinar later today.
Have a great week!
Bülent

Userlevel 1

Hello,
My name is Kristian and I help companies to understand and implement Digital Transformation. I hope this is a friendly open sharing community where people help each other to improve. You can explore more about me on www.misterharder.com
This is my pet, i foud him at the Biennale in Venezia. Great piece of art! (the girl is human size)

Good Afternoon Everyone!  

My name is Jason, I am an entrepreneur turned investor turned creativologist.  

My 5 year mission is build, buy, invest in companies that are truly creative, operators, remote and social purpose driven.  

Operating.vc & RemoteCapital.vc - Invest 
OperatingAcademy.com - Coach
Operating.FM - Voice 

I was introduced to Miro on a webinar 30 days ago and have started to use it in my daily coaching calls with eCommerce entrepreneurs globally. 

Best, 

Jason 

Userlevel 1

Hello there! My name is Todd. I live and work on the shores of Lake Michigan in northeastern Wisconsin. My work is all about enabling digital collaboration and communities. I am a solopreneur and my company is Clocktower Advisors

Hello, this is my home office!

How do I use Miro? I use it all the time with my clients for dialogue mapping during meetings, for brainstorming, and for workflows. It’s a flexible tool and fun to use.

You can connect with me here or via LinkedIn. I’m excited to be a part of the community!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m Mike, from Cranfield University in the UK. I stumbled across Miro from a friend’s post on LinkedIn. What a cool bit of kit - love it!

Until now I really struggle with turning a productive workshop into some half decent output - my world has changed :)

Happy to connect with anyone to share cool ideas - I’m currently working on taking some executive education and consulting tools we have at the Uni online.

Useless piece of info: I never got round to buying a monitor riser when I set up my home office so it’s resting awkwardly on a cardboard box. If we ever catch up on zoom or Miro cam (if that’s the right term), my head might be tilted slightly to one side. :/

Best wishes and keep safe,

Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone!  👋

I’m Kristin from the team here at Miro. Originally from NZ 🇳🇿, my main focus is designing, building, and evolving our templates resources. If you have a great template idea, any feedback about our templates, or simply want to share how you use Miro with the rest of our users, I’d love to know!

I’m a huge template nerd. Sounds silly but it’s true! I’m endlessly fascinated by how people put structure to the things going on in their brains. I can’t wait to discover your favourite boards, workflows, projects, and frameworks. 

Connect with me here and on LinkedIn!

Kristin 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!  👋

I’m Kristin from the team here at Miro. Originally from NZ 🇳🇿, my main focus is designing, building, and evolving our templates resources. If you have a great template idea, any feedback about our templates, or simply want to share how you use Miro with the rest of our users, I’d love to know!

I’m a huge template nerd. Sounds silly but it’s true! I’m endlessly fascinated by how people put structure to the things going on in their brains. I can’t wait to discover your favourite boards, workflows, projects, and frameworks. 

Connect with me here and on LinkedIn!

Kristin 

Love it. Will definitely give it some thought.

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, my name is Renato, live in São Paulo/Brasil. Despite my user is not new here, I am a fresh user and started my journey with Miro 4 days ago, so far, so good.

Anyway, if you want to talk about culture, music, movies, and tech, do not hesitate, just send me a message. Netflix and Amazon Prime series hijack my attention as well.

Renato