Option to disable copy locked item

Working with locked item works very well in the aspect that the participants cant edit the predefined boards.

But the participant sometimes (especially the not so technical) makes copies of/duplicates all the boards by misstake. This leads a headache for us that leads the workshops in cleaning it up and other participants sometimes starts using the new copy.

It would very useful to add an option when locking items that they cannot be copied or duplicated. 

Tanks for a great product

/Martin

An option would be fine. But currently, it seems that I cannot duplicate locked items at all. And that breaks my favorite workflow… Or did I miss that option somewhere?

An option would be fine. But currently, it seems that I cannot duplicate locked items at all. And that breaks my favorite workflow… Or did I miss that option somewhere?

I select the option and press ctrl+d or click the duplicate button in the context menu.

Our company recently encountered this problem in a devastating way. We teach online courses using Miro. Our students were unknowingly duplicating the locked backgrounds of our Miro board. It made the board unusable and caused such a mess that the class needed to be ended and re-scheduled. A locked object should not be duplicatable without first unlocking the object—no matter the user’s permissions level.