I recognize this would be a large system change. Here is the use case that causes me to request this feature:
- I am the facilitator of a large workshop. Several participants are NOT digital natives, and yet we want them to be able participate as actively as possible.
- There are some visually rich frames I wish the participants to interact with, but their interaction is limited to just a few items or types of items.
- When participants are new to Miro and not digital natives, something that seems simple to us can be very difficult for them, like “please select that image and move it to the other area of the board”.
- Especially if the item I want them to move is surrounded by or layered on top of other items, even when they’re locked, somehow the locked items end up getting unlocked for participants trying to figure out the tool.
- I’ve had participants inadvertently unlock and delete entire frames with multiple areas, instructions, columns, etc.
I would like to be able to lock areas of the board that ONLY I can unlock as the facilitator.