Skip to main content

I use the text boxes to create outlines of design wireframes for developer reference.
In these situations, it is incredibly common that I run into the character limit for the text boxes and have to break my outline into multiple boxes. The whole process becomes much more frustrating and cumbersome from then on out.

The imposed character limit seems incredibly arbitrary, pointless, and some of the formatting of outlines seems to eat away at the count even quicker.

At the end of the day, when I can easily paste giant image files that will certainly chew up my RAM, why is there such a miniscule text limit? surely it’s not a technical limitation.
At least allow for a “long text” box or something that supports big blocks of text. It is necessary for me to use your software effectively, whether your product team believes that method or not you shouldn’t actively prevent me from doing it.

Thank you @Ralf Ehlert and everyone on the thread.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. We appreciate your patience as we evaluate and process each Wish List Idea submission. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team and update this thread if this feature becomes available.In the meantime, for those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Hi @ElvaMiro Are there any other workarounds you can suggest, other than breaking it up into multiple text components?

Do you know where the 6.000 character limit comes from, maybe a temp fix could be just to increase it some. Maybe just 12.000 characters. That would probably sove a big chunk of the issues.

This is a super important feature for me. Actively seeking alternative methods for my workflows in miro until the limit is increased to way way higher.

Please add a limit much closer to 20-30k characters!