Ability to add webp image file types to boards

Websites like dribble convert images to .webp files to optimise load speed. When creating a moodbard it is annoying to have to convert each one to JPEG or PNG to add to Miro.

I have same problem.

Yes, please!!

Yeah this is a huge one for me. WEBP is just too fast to not want to use for everything

Yes. Please add support for .WEBP

More and more websites are using it and the images can’t be simply dragged into a Miro board. It forces the user to save/convert or screenshot every image which can be a huge hassle.

Same here! Would be really helpful to implement webp.

Please.

for macOS users→ open the file, from top left → File → Export→ jpeg

I’d love this so I don’t have to convert .webp images every single time.

upvote this, 
“this file is not supported” 

very frustrating

Come on Miro staff!

It has been over a year now and WEBP is now the most common file type for images on the internet.

How is it that you STILL do not have support for this in 2023 ??  It’s downright embarrassing.

I’m pretty much prepared at this point to switch to literally any competitor that offers WEBP support, even if their service is worse.

hoping we can paste webp in the future but in the meantime theres a  way to get webp into Miro in a few seconds. All you need is the default Paint software that comes installed.

Copy your .webp image

Paste in Paint

Now click the image with the Select tool selected (make sure the Select box tool is selected on the top toolbar). Then click ctrl+a to make sure the whole image is selected. Then press ctrl+c copy. Go to your Miro board and, click and paste by ctrl+v. make sure you dont have another image already selected in Miro or it will overwrite it (which you can undo by ctrl+z)

Considering webp is quickly becoming the default file format of the web and is designed to perform better with less size, I can’t believe this is even an issue. 

Yes. It has to be done in no time.