Answered

How to export Boards for Clients

• 20 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello Community,

I as a consultant got an request from a client to prepare an Innovation Workshop in Miro. The client want´s a customized blueprint from me, which should be integrated at least in his companies account. 

I´ve no access to the clients space. So how can I create in my space and send him a version of my workshop?

Thanks for helping me

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 20 May 2020, 19:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joachim Riegel -

Two choices: 

1. Use the instructions which @mlanders provided here to have your board shared with the client: https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/how-to-copy-content-from-a-free-acount-to-the-company-account-whiteboard-282
  2. Backup your board (export to an RTB file) and send that RTB file to your client - he should be able to restore it into his account assuming he is on a paid plan.

Kiron

Hi, what’s an RTB file? Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roxy -

That’s Miro’s binary format for making local board downloads.

Kiron

Thanks, @Kiron Bondale. So would I export as RTB, email RTB file to client and then they would simply open in Miro to be able to use and own the board? Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roxy -

That is correct. I have confirmed that board backups created under one account can be restored to a completely different account.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale , how do I export the board as an RTB file? I can’t find this option. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roxy -

The ability to make an RTB backup is only available on paid plans so if you are on the free plan you are unfortunately out of luck. Assuming you are on a paid plan, you’d access it as below:

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale , I’m on a paid plan. I discovered I wasn’t the board owner, so the option was greyed out. Got the owner to download as RTB and emailed to our client but they say that they can’t open the file. 

What instructions should I give them in order for them to open the board in their account and own it? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roxy -

Is the client also on a paid plan as you can’t do a restore of a board if you are on the free plan. To do the restore, they should just use the option below - it will restore it as a new board within the top-level of the Team they are currently in (i.e. not within a project).

Kiron