Miro plugin for Figma – now owned by Miro!

• 5 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you know that Miro plugin for Figma was originally developed by Redmadrobot and is previously known as Figmiro:astonished: 

I know right :smile:  

Now you can use it with additional confidence, since the plugin is now owned and supported by the Miro team!

Have you already installed it and tested with your team? Share your experience and boards in the thread below :raised_hands_tone2:

5 replies

When I sync my selected frame in Figma to my board on Miro the plugin modal says it’s exporting and then it opens the board in Miro as expected but I cannot find where or if it even has put the frame into the board. The Figma frame just simply doesn’t exist in the Miro board.

Where is the default position that Figma frames are displayed in Miro boards with this plugin?

This plugin is great! However, is there a way to prevent Miro from repositioning frames every time you sync from Figma?

My team pastes many frames from multiple Figma files all on the same Miro board so our audience has a 1-stop-shop for multiple projects’ designs. The fact that the frames change position or re-position themselves with each sync prevents us from being able to make use of this plugin 😢

@Tony Adams Just started using it, and had the same problem. Almost gave up on Miro as our tool for white boarding.

Turns out the checkbox that says “Use original Figma coordinates” is the wrong way round presumably a bug, and it needs to be checked to preserve the coordinates in Miro…

(the hover description for the checkbox is also the wrong way round)

I’d love to provide feedback on it, we’re experiencing some issues right now https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/can-t-install-and-authorize-figma-plugin-for-my-team-8366 but as soon as it solved we will share our experience.

One of the main challenges will be to work with different Figma versions in one board.

It's nice that your Figma>Miro plugin will import a PNG of selected Figma Frames into Miro, and update that PNG if I revise the original in Figma and resync it back to Miro.

But I need to update ALL instances of that Figma PNG in Miro, and not just the 1st instance.

For example, let's say that in Miro I want 3 instances of that same original Figma Frame (eg. a Homepage screen) in 3 separate places on the Miro board, so I make 2 more copies and put them where I want.

If I update the Homepage screen in Figma, then sync it back to Miro, it only updates the original Homepage, but not the other 2 copies. This is different from how the Sketch>Miro plugin works, which updates very instance that is copied in Miro and I love that so I always know the latest Homepage design shows for every copy in Miro.

Is it possible to make the Figma>Miro plugin function the say way? This is critical for my Sketch-to-Figma transition because I still use Miro to host all my massive screen matrix charts and screen-flows already in progress.

Thank you!

•