Answered

Miro Embed - Available approaches and enablement

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

We are looking into embedding Miro boards into our React.js application. I have read through the docs and I have applied (and got accepted by the API team) to get access to Miro Live Embed.

I just have a few questions:

1. Are all three approaches listed in the docs page above (direct board link, boards picker from JS, and temporary boards for un-registered users) available?
  2. The flow for temporary boards caters for both un-registered but also allows users to log in if they have an account. Correct? 
  3. What is meant by “… requires enablement on Miro side...”? Is there anything more required from our side, other than submitting the form above and being accepted?
  4. I created the “Dev team” as instructed by the docs. Is this the team that I will be using to also publish the integration, or can I create a new team and transfer the integration to that team. Also, I renamed the “Dev team”, any issues with that?
  5. Do you foresee any complications with trying to integrate a Miro board into a React.js application, or should it work out-of-the-box?

Looking forward to hearing from the community here!

Thanks,

Iraklis

icon

Best answer by Boris Borodyansky 9 February 2021, 15:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey Iraklis!

great questions, happy to help.

1. Yes, you can use all 3
  2. Yes, option “editable boards without registration” also allows registered miro users to sign in and embed their existing boards
  3. It means that these features will work only after we turn specific feature for your app. If in the form you submitted your app’s client_id then there is nothing additional for you to do. Miro explicitly communicates that feature was enabled for your app. 
  4. There is technically no ability to move an app from one Dev Team to another. You can create an additional Dev Team and a new app, but that app would also require enablement on Miro side. 
  5. Miro Live Embed should work out of the box in any web app :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks for the super-fast answers Boris, really appreciate it! (and yes, I did submit my app client ID with the form).