Error 500 when trying to get all frames via API

• 9 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to get all frames from a specific board via API. For any other item type the Get items by type on board method works fine for me but trying to get the frames constantly get the following error no matter for which board i try it:

{
  "type": "error",
  "code": "internalError",
  "message": "Internal server error",
  "status": 500
}

I get the error using the API reference website for trying out. Is that a known issue?

Thanks and regards,

Manuel

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey Manuel,

Sorry to hear you’re running into issues! 

Can I ask, if you’re using V1 or our V2 beta? V2 beta is located at beta.developers.miro.com.

Additionally, can you share a video of what you’re running into? I’m not able to reproduce this on my end (using V2)

Hi addison,

thanks for asking. I initially tried it using V2 just providing the necessary input on the following website: Link. This site provides me with the following Shell script which still returns a 500 for frames but works fine if I replace frames by shapes e.g.

curl --request GET \
     --url https://api.miro.com/v2/boards/[BOARD ID]/frames \
     --header 'Accept: application/json' \
     --header 'Authorization: Bearer [Token]' \
     --header 'Content-Type: application/json'

Using V1 for the same board with the script from the following site it works fine: Link

curl --request GET \
     --url 'https://api.miro.com/v1/boards/[BOARD ID]/widgets/?widgetType=frame' \
     --header 'Accept: application/json' \
     --header 'Authorization: Bearer [Token]'

So it kind of seems the API endpoint for getting all frames from a board is broken in V2?!

Thanks for looking into it!

Manuel

Userlevel 5

I’m also getting this on my end, with Frames specifically :/ 

I’ll report, and let the team know. Thanks for reporting! Hopefully we can fix this soon.

Hey Addison,

any news on that? I would really like to use this API endpoint.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5

Hi Manuel! Sorry for the silence—This should be fixed by now! I just tested, and it works on my end 👍

Thanks, works for me, too!