Bug: After window reload, every frame added via API has the same color

• 24 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Team,

Perhaps a bug.

I’m using the web sdk api to create and add frames. This week something which seems like a bug was introduced such that when adding two frames, with different fill colors, the second frame added always gets the color of the first, even if specified otherwise. See attached from console.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Elad - It could be related to a change I noticed where any newly created frames appear to (once again) being creating using the colour of the last created frame. I say “once again” frames always used to behave this way, similar to, e.g., sticky notes (create a sticky… default colour is yellow, change it to red, and then when you create a new sticky, it will be red too). But, some time ago, Miro started defaulting every new frame to white, which didn’t follow the same patters as other object, and I suspect they changed the behaviour back (or are experimenting with it).

My Wish List post to ask that all new frames not always be white:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/stop-defaulting-all-new-frames-to-white-and-remember-last-colour-used-14426?postid=9110#post9110

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi

I understand but seems like this feature should be valid for the UI but disabled for the API or otherwise it not consistent with the documentation, and also depends on the last reload or the window.

Could you please explain if this would be resolved/fixed for the API? Perhaps a workaround is to future the color change but it doesn’t sound like a good practice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I understand but seems like this feature should be valid for the UI but disabled for the API or otherwise it not consistent with the documentation, and also depends on the last reload or the window.

Could you please explain if this would be resolved/fixed for the API? Perhaps a workaround is to future the color change but it doesn’t sound like a good practice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Being a volunteer moderator of this forum and not a Miro employee, I was only speculating and cannot speak to changes to the API. Another good place to ask developer platform questions is Miro’s Discord server: https://bit.ly/miro-developers

I found that link on this page: https://developers.miro.com/

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Understood. Thanks for trying to help! I’ll definitely check out the discord channel.

In the interim I’ve repeated the color assignment again, after the frame is created.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Elad,

Thank you for reporting this! We could reproduce the issue and the team is notified. 

Thanks,

Elena.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Elad,

Just reporting that thanks to our Web SDK team the issue is fixed now!

Thanks, 

Elena.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for the update. Your team is the best. 

We would love to join office hours on Web SDK if/when possible 🙏 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks a lot, it makes us very happy to hear that (shared that with the team as well :D ).

We are having Q&A sessions (on the same Discord channel that was already mentioned before) bi-weekly, every other Wednesday from 17:30 CEST - 18:00 CEST. Next session is scheduled on November 8th, would be great to see you there!