Skip to main content
Answered

Zoom in/out with Wacom Intuos Pro

• 6 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi!

Is it possible to zoom in/out in Miro with the Wacom Intuos Pro tablet (which allows multi touch).

Thanks!

Yael

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yael Keren - I have never used Miro with an externally connected input device other than a mouse. What happens if you change the board's Navigation Mode between the various input methods?

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731053-Navigation-Mode

Thanks!

I have not purchased the Wacom yet. ?Trying to understand the capabilities and compatibility with Wacom to decide which Wacom to get. There’s one with multi touch which is more expensive so trying to understand if it actually works on Miro. If not, I’ll prob get the cheaper one.

I thought maybe some would have experience with it here. 

Userlevel 1

@Yael Keren I have been using a Wacom Intuos tablet for a while now.  It has multi-touch and there is a stylus. I find the multi-touch zoom hard to get right. The sensitivity to zooming is very high so it is difficult to get the scale right.  There are settings to reduce the ratio of zoom to finger movement, but then they also seem to affect the ratio of panning to finger movement. These ratios are not well balanced so getting one right means the other is way off.

In addition, Miro does not seem to be supporting palm rejection while using the stylus. So, when I try to draw with the stylus and rest my hand on the tablet to steady it, I get wildly uncontrolled zooming.  I can turn off touch while using the stylus with a switch on the side of the tablet. Depending on how you are using the tablet this might work for you, but when I’m working with synchronous teams this is really clunky and impedes my flow.