Skip to main content

Hi all - I’ve got a templated board that I’m using for my “digital workbook” for a course I’m about to launch.  When students enrol through Kajabi, they’ll be given access to the course etc, and zapier will do a bunch of automations.  Was wondering whether anyone knows if I can have a new board created automatically for the student (would be a blank board with a template assigned) using zapier or any other third party workflow automation tool?

I don’t have your answer Sean but wondered if you figured this out yet? I am trying to do a similar thing.

What might also work for me is if I could automate inviting a user (probably brand new to Miro) to a board as a read-only guest - after which they can copy the read-only board and use it as a template (at least I think they could, I’m still new to this so still testing everything out).

You can give them a link to a board, and when they click the link a duplicate copy will be created.

If the original URL for the board is miro.com/app/board/abc123=/ then the link you want to share with the students is https://miro.com/app/?copyBoardId=abc123=

I don’t have your answer Sean but wondered if you figured this out yet? I am trying to do a similar thing.

What might also work for me is if I could automate inviting a user (probably brand new to Miro) to a board as a read-only guest - after which they can copy the read-only board and use it as a template (at least I think they could, I’m still new to this so still testing everything out).

@Helen Cammack - Without knowing what the trigger is to kick off the “automated Miro invite”, I could suggest that if you had a Business Plan subscription and were intentionally referencing the role of Guest above, so that you could not have to make the board open to the public using the Visitors feature (more on the differences between roles here), then you could set your template board’s Guests link access to “View” and share the link in an automated email that is sent out at the time of your trigger, e.g., someone pays you a fee for access to the board - you could include a link in the email. Then, you could monitor the list of of Guests who have access to the board, to remove them after an agreed upon period of time. You would also need to ensure the board’s copy content permissions were configured to allow for duplication of the board.

I will DM you a link, so you can see this in action.

I don't get the automated copy based on a link to a board (Paul's response). Can someone throw me a bone? Don't find reference to this in Miro doc.

BTW, I'm trying to automate the creation of a Miro board from a template when someone buys a plan on my Wix site.