Answered

Why my guest users cannot copy board content?

• 24 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey, first of all it is very annoying not to be able to easily contact direct support from Miro,

Now, why my guess users cannot copy board content? even if all settings are correct on the board and team level? is this a license restriction? 

my guess are using free accounts, and I got the “working with clients” type of license,

any tips,

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 24 May 2021, 19:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Peter Moreno -

Miro support can be reached via Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center but remember that given the size of their user base, it might take support a day or two to follow up with you. That is one of the advantages of this community that there are a number of power users who are willing and ready to answer questions.

Based on your post, I’m assuming you are on a Consultant plan and your collaborators are using Anonymous Guest Editor access. Are you able to post screenshots of the Permissions - Sharing and Board Content settings from the team settings view and the share settings at the board level? 

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Peter Moreno - As @Kiron Bondale mentioned, your guests may not be able to copy content from your board due to the Board Content Settings.

The settings would need to be as follows:

Hi! I am not able to change the settings for the “Anyone with the board acces” - it doesn’t give that option. It is only possible to team members. We have Business lisence. So how am I able to give everyone right to copy the board content? Is it even possible anymore? 

Thank you for your answer!
Best, Saara 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi! I am not able to change the settings for the “Anyone with the board acces” - it doesn’t give that option. It is only possible to team members. We have Business lisence. So how am I able to give everyone right to copy the board content? Is it even possible anymore? 

Thank you for your answer!
Best, Saara 

@Saara Saarinen - A Team Admin will need to adjust the permissions to allow for those outside the team to copy content - instructions can be found here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018350399-Board-Content-Settings#h_01ESFXF7Z9PG4XH2EXZ6XN87PC