Why couldn't all participants write on post-its?

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I held a workshop today and used the “Brainwriting” template. However, I added more columns and removed some rows.

I created four identical layouts with 8 columns and 4 rows. Then I added frames around them to be able to hide the layouts we hadn’t worked on yet.

However, when the participants joined, as soon as someone clicked in their sticky note, the whole layout greyed out and no one could write in their sticky note. Instead we had to add new sticky notes on top of the ones I had already placed there.

I tried to unlock the frames with no luck.

Does anyone know why? We are on the Enterprise plan.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarolinaF_13542 -

I just tried to reproduce the issue and wasn’t able to - I was able to edit one sticky note in the set without the others getting locked. Did you do any grouping or locking to the sticky notes themselves?

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale, thank you for looking into this. The thing is that when I was the first one on the board and clicking on my post-it note, it looked good for me, but the post-its greyed out for everyone else. So I think there has to be two participants to try this out and see if the same results appear.

If I create frames, it shouldn’t lock the content (in this case sticky-notes) for anyone, right? I just wanted to have frames so I could hide the areas I didn’t want them to see at first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KarolinaF_13542 - To test this yourself, you could open the board while logged in and then open it as a visitor from a private/incognito browser window.

If this does happen again, it may help the Miro support team if you could record it in action - Loom is free and quite easy to use/share a video.

If I create frames, it shouldn’t lock the content (in this case sticky-notes) for anyone, right? I just wanted to have frames so I could hide the areas I didn’t want them to see at first.

Locking a frame will not lock the objects inside of it. Depending on your participants roles on the board (visitor, guest, member, etc.) one of them could have locked the sticky notes - however, if you were the board owner, you can always unlock them).