Skip to main content
Question

White boxes appear when pasting items from another board. They cannot be selected or deleted.

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Noticed this when trying a work around for 200 mb file limitation from backup import.

White boxes appear when pasting items from another board (enterprise account). They cannot be selected or deleted. They are only visible at 1% zoom level. They are not present on the board the content is being copied from. Happens on every board I have tried using this work around on. It seems to be burned into every new board I make (personal account - paid). It’s just not visible until I have objects big enough to zoom out to 1%.

It does seem to match a pattern of nested frames I have on one board on the enterprise account. This is present on all my boards (paid personal and free personal), even ones created before making the board with the nested frames.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brent - It sounds like you are trying to copy a large board from an Enterprise plan to another subscription or free plan.

Have you tried:

1. Adding your Enterprise account email address a member of your Free Plan team
  2. Duplicating the board with the content you want to have in your Free Plan team
    (And here’s where some possible restrictions may be in place by your Enterprise Company Admin...)
  3. And then moving the new/duplicated board to your Free (or paid) Plan?

Another approach -- again, depending on content and security permissions -- is to set the board to Visitor/Public access to “Can view”, and setting the board’s content copy permissions to “Anyone with the board access”, then opening the board as your free or paid plan user, and then duplicating it. Since you are able to copy-paste from the Enterprise plan board to another team, this leads me to believe the content copy permissions are set to allow for copying/duplicating.

Hey Robert. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time.

My first thought was that it had something to do with a permissions bug as well. The white boxes were definitely frames that were set up as a slide show, from one specific Miro board, that were somehow reproducing on every new board I made that contained content pasted from the enterprise account. They weren’t selectable, but they were being displayed on a laver above all actual content on the board - again, only visible when board viewed at 1% zoom. 

I just checked, and as of now all of them are back to normal. No signs of the “ghost frames” even on the board I screen capped above.

B.