Answered

"Visiting visionary" viewed my board. They were only there briefly then disappeared

• 14 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I could see someone called "visiting visionary" viewing my board (cursor moving around) which is set to be private.

They were only there briefly then disappeared. It wasn’t any of my team, they all have their names.

Is there any explanation anyone can offer for this?

icon

Best answer by Lee Austin 19 July 2022, 14:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You mentioned the board is set to private, so I will assume not even your team can access the board. But if this is not the case, some possible explanations are:

• Someone on your team set the board's Visitor/"Anyone with the link" to "Can edit" and then a non-signed in person accessed the board (could have been the same person that changed the board's Visitor settings).
  • Someone on your team renamed their Miro account profile name to "visiting visionary" as a joke.
  • Someone has accessed your account profile and changed the board's Share settings.

Thanks, I checked shared settings and cannot find anything unusual - will keep my eyes peeled and comment here if it happens again.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Lee Austin, @Robert Johnson,

Alyona from Miro Support is here for a moment 👋  

One more possible scenario is the board being embedded in another website/app and accessed by users there. Feel free to check this handy article for more details: Sharing boards in embed integrations.

SOLVED:

We used the MIRO app from within Google Meet, this creates temporary profiles for users.

Thanks for the help!