Video chat participant audio/video not working.

• 1 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

Client is on a Mac. I invited her as a guest to fully edit. She allowed for audio and video, but both of her video and audio icons are not available even when you click on them.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - To be clear, is this user a guest editor by your setting the board’s Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit? And they are they trying to join an existing video chat session? I ask this as guest editors are unable to start a video chat session as par the Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors help article:

Next I would ask if you have gone through the settings/troubleshooting with your client listed in the Video Chat help article? There was a fairly recent change where users are supposed to be able to select a camera and microphone right from within the board vs browser/OS settings, but I can’t find that post right now (was in in the forum, miro.com/changelog, What’s new popup in the app, etc.?)

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572214-Video-Chat

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

“is this user a guest editor by your setting the board’s Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit?”

Yes.

“are they trying to join an existing video chat session”

Yes

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Robert Johnson It worked fine with an iPad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - I joined a video chat as a guest today myself through the Windows 64-bit desktop app and then through the latest Chrome browser. Did it work fine with an iPad for the same user? If so, on the same Wi-Fi network? Was the Mac wired or Wi-Fi? VPN? Firewall? So many things to check.