Answered

Use web app when following links

• 11 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hey,

When I get Miro notifications through Slack, if I click a link it opens a web browser version of Miro instead of the web app. Is there a way to default to the web app?

icon

Best answer by Howard Kenny 19 March 2021, 10:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Howard Kenny - I will have to make a number of assumptions here:

1. You are on a desktop/laptop, i.e., not a phone or tablet
  2. When mention “web app” a few times - I assume you mean “desktop app” (or mobile or tablet) as a browser is what is used to open web apps?

I am on Windows 10 Home 64-bit and have the Miro desktop app and Slack Windows app installed. When I click on a Miro board link in Slack, I am prompted in my browser as follows:

So in my specific scenario, it is working. If you scenario is similar, I would suggest re-installing the Miro desktop app to see if that fixes it. Otherwise you could reach out to Miro support - the support form can be found via: learning center → Get help → Support:

Thanks Robert.

All of your assumptions are correct :) Thanks

I’ll try reinstalling the desktop app.

Howard

So that didn’t work. Basically, I don’t get the pop up/prompt you see, so cannot opt to follow the link to the desktop app :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Howard Kenny - Hopefully the re-install will “re-register” the prompt to open in the desktop app.

In the future, if the desktop app is every acting “strange”, you can reset it without uninstalling and reinstalling it, however, for your current scenario, I would suggest that you continue with your plan to reinstall.

Resetting Application Data

From the dashboard, i.e., “Boards”, tab of the desktop app, you can expose the menu bar by pressing the Alt key. From here, under Help, you can Reset application data.

Hey @Robert Johnson 

Pressing Alt does nothing for me when I’m on the Boards tab of the desktop app. Reinstalling the app didn’t fix the issue either :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Howard Kenny - Please reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

The support form is here: learning center → Get help → Support

Hey,

So the resolution was to uninstall and reinstall the app downloading it directly from the Miro site instead of from Play Store (although I doubt that was of any significance). 

It also resolved another issue I was experiencing whereby I couldn’t paste external content into Miro. Very odd!

Thanks for your help,

Howard