Answered

Trouble setting up Jira application link

• 20 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi Miro

Could you give us some guidance on setting up a Jira application connection to support Jira Cards

The Jira Card integration page supplies us with some info

i.e. Miro URL, Consumer Key, Consumer Name and Public Key

When creating the application connection we are requested for additional URL’s

Request Token URL

Access Token URL

Authorise URL

What are the required values?

Kind Regards

Tom Lister

icon

Best answer by Marina 3 June 2020, 11:21

View original

9 replies

I’m running into this same problem. I wonder if these fields are new.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

Tom has already got a reply from the Support team. I will post it here as well:

Could you please try and add temporary values? When on the page with your Application links' list click to Edit Miro Cards link and remove the temporary values. Incoming Authentication is the only tab that needs to be configured by the end. 

Just in case, you will find the detailed instruction on Jira Cards integration here - How to Set Up and to Uninstall Jira Cards. If you come across any issues during the setup please also refer to the article Possible Issues with Atlassian Integrations, or reach out to the Support Team at support@miro.com

Thank you @Marina 

We have created our web data connector URL in Jira which is the end of our tasks.

The users can’t yet see the connector in Miro. I gather that this has to be added an as approved connector on the Miro server itself which we have no access to.

Hopefully all up and running soon.

Tom

Edited - 

It seems we are stuck in the final step, when adding the JIRA URL and clicking connect, we get:
Insufficient Permissions.

Please, advice. Thanks!”

Similarly I have gone through all the steps in Jira successfully but when I try to add the jira link in miro, it just gives me an error ‘Insufficient Permissions’
Also this issue is not listed in the “Possible list of issues with Jira integrations page”

Figured it out. It is not enough if a Jira admin does the Jira part and then the Miro admin does the Miro part. You need to be both Miro a admin and a Jira admin.

Yes that works for me now as well now! You have to be both a Miro Admin and a Jira Admin. Also do the setup on the Miro Web version as it doesn’t work on the Desktop Miro version!

Hello Miro,

I ran into a "bad request" error when connecting from Miro to the Jira URL.

I am an admin of both Miro and Jira, and my Jira page says that the jira-Cards is configured.

When I try clicking Connect on Miro, I get a bad request:

Not sure whether it is the network thing. I tried both on and off proxy, did not change.

Can you take a look and see how to fix it? Thanks!