Transfering Boards Ownership after leaving a company

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

I’m currently using a free plan in Miro with 3 boards I have been using on a daily basis. However, I will be leaving my current company soon so my company account will be deactivated. There’s a lot of information that I’d like the company to keep for knowledge retention purposes rather than just delete the boards after I leave. Is there any way that would enable me to transfer the boards to another account in the company that will be accessible for people having access to the boards already?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@artur.cybruch - If you have another Miro account, e.g., using your personal email address--or create a new account if you don’t already, you could do the following:

1. From your current work Free Plan boards to “Anyone with the link → Can view)
  2. From your other/personal account, open the board, click on the board title/name at the top-left
  3. and then use the Duplicate button to make a copy of the board into your new/personal account.

Now you will have a copies of the boards, but the originals remain where they are (for knowledge retention purposes).

Related Reading

• How to duplicate a board Help Center article
  • In this post, I detail how you could also create a new Free Plan team with another email address, add that new email/user to your old team, and move boards to the new team instead of just duplicating them.

Great, thanks, will do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

By the way, I never addressed the subject of your post: Transferring Boards Ownership after leaving a company.

When you leave the team (Team profile settings → Leave team), your content will automatically be assigned the Team Admin - if there is more than one Team Admin, the one who had that role first should assume ownership of your boards.

You can also following the steps in this article to assign ownership to a team member of your choosing:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572194-Access-rights-and-board-ownership#Transferring_board_ownership_to_another_board_collaborator