Question

Trackpad Zoom Not responding

• 19 October 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

As of around 11am this morning the two finger pinch for zoom isn’t working. I’ve switched back and forth between navigation modes, closed out and logged back in, but nothing is working. Anyone having this problem? Any fixes?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ruth Doherty - Pinch-to-zoom is working fine for me on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop using the latest version of Chrome. Have you tried the following

• if using a browser, clearing the cache?
  • a private/incognito window?
  • a different browser?
  • another device?
  • restarting your computer?
  • one of the Miro desktop apps

@Ruth Doherty did it get fixed? I seem to have a similar problem for 2 days now. Any recommendation to fix is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liefke -

I just tested on my Windows 10 laptop with the latest version of Google Chrome and zoom via my trackpad is working fine. 

Have you tried the steps which @Robert Johnson had provided in the original post?

You could also check your board Settings - Preferences - Mouse or Trackpad to confirm it is set to Trackpad or Auto switch. If it is set to Mouse, you could manually change it to Trackpad.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

This is an intermittent bug. I use miro in the browser and frequently come across this issue.

Device details:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • Apple Trackpad
  • Browser: Latest version of Google Chrome

What happens:

• The pinch to zoom (in and out) on trackpad (Apple Trackpad) as well as my Laptop’s trackpad does not work
  • Tried to switch navigation options and it doesn’t fix it
  • Tried to reload miro (intermittently fixes it, sometimes it doesn’t)
  • Restarting browser/computer (tends to fix it)

Current best work around:

• Pressing the + icon in the zoom in at the bottom right hand side of the miro board tends to “unlock” the zoom and then I can pinch to zoom in and out again.

Please fix this Miro!!! This intermittent issue will be hard to diagnose what is causing this, but it is fricken annoying when it happens!

We are also experiencing issues with pinch to zoom functionality. It works most of the time, but stops working randomly. I sense it may be connected to switching windows / desktops. Restarting the client makes it work again.

Device details:

• MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Client details:

• MacOS Desktop Version 0.7.16

Same problem on my m1 macbook air 

upd.: could fix it (maybe temporarily) by turning on and off pinch to zoom in trackpad system settings on macos, not in the miro. 

Also experiencing this on an M2 Macbook Air, happening on both desktop and web versions of Miro

Also experiencing this on an M2 Macbook Air, happening on both desktop and web versions of Miro

After about thirty minutes of working, this problem pops back up again. Sometimes force reloading allows me to zoom with the trackpad again, sometimes I need to quit Miro and reopen my board. Very inconvenient and frustrating

After about thirty minutes of working, this problem pops back up again. Sometimes force reloading allows me to zoom with the trackpad again, sometimes I need to quit Miro and reopen my board. Very inconvenient and frustrating

I am switching between a PDF document that is open in Preview and my Miro board. Seems like Miro has a hard time correctly responding to trackpad input after I scroll, pan or zoom with the trackpad in Preview, and switch back to the Miro app

Also frequently facing this issue, it is annoying

Setup:
Latest Vivaldi 5.5.2805.42 (Stable channel) (x86_64) - Chromium based Browser
MacBook Pro 13 - 2,4GHz, 8GB RAM
macOS Ventura 13.0 (just upgraded and it happened before as well)

What I noticed is none of switching between mouse and trackpad mode etc. worked.
💡How I can fix it: What does make it work again every time is → minimising my browser window → then open it again and tada pinch to zoom work again, so maybe something with event callback being dropped and then reassigned? 

Same issue here, Macbook M1 Pro, Chromium browser (Sodekick).

Hello, I have this problem very often (almost every week) on my macbook pro/
I am using the Miro Macbook App. 

Hello same issue here, it’s been happening for over a month by now. A lot of times during my working day on Miro - zooming in and  does not work.

I work on Chrome with a macOS Ventura 13.0.1

This happens every once in awhile. Right now, nothing I do is bringing it back. Definitely needs a fix, or at the very least a reliable workaround. None of the suggestions above are working for me at the moment.

And right after writing the above, discovered under Miro settings, Navigation Device, that instead of “Trackpad” it was set to “Auto Switch”. As soon as I clicked on Trackpad, it started working again.

I’d like to reopen this thread. I’m having intermittent issues with Miro not recognising pinch to zoom inputs on my trackpad (all other apps working fine with that gesture at same moment Miro experiencing issues).

Macbook Pro 13” M1 16GB

macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Miro 0.7.27

Switching navigation modes in Miro does not resolve it for me, nor does quitting/restarting the app or resetting application data. Sometimes turning the gesture on/off within system preferences does, but not 100% of the time… more like 50%. It simply randomly decides when to start working again - pretty annoying.

Any advice/suggestions or fixes gratefully received!

Hello, same issue here. This is a big annoyance to have to work around, and it happens pretty often. I have to go incognito to get it work again, which means logging in every time. In my opinion, this should be prioritized. @Miro Support Team

Macbook PRO 15-inch, 2018

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

MacOS 13.2.1 (22D68)

Miro 0.7.28 (Desktop)

Miro (Browser, Google Chrome)

--

Thank you!

Hi, my entire team is experiencing this same issue, happens 9/10 times during our Miro sessions and multiple times per session, which means ALL THE TIME.

**Issue**
MacOS trackpad pinch zoom in-out will suddenly stop working (simply not responding to the finger gesture) and it’ll get stuck that way. Sometimes refreshing the page, closing Miro on/off, logging out and logging back in, clicking something on the page MIGHT help but with random results. The + - signs at the bottom of right corner will work however, just something with the trackpad zoom which is one of the most important gestures of having a trackpad. Super annoying, especially if the midst of workshops and presentations. @Miro Community Team please prioritize as this seems to be a pretty fundamental issue? 

**Set up**
Macbook PRO, M1, 2020 
MacOS Ventura ver 13.2.1
Browser: Brave, Chrome, Safari (all latest updates and all experience this same problem)
Miro MacOS desktop app: same issue, carries across multiple updated versions 

Many thanks! 

M1 Macbook Pro 2020,

Mac Client V.0.7.30 arm64

Zoom gestures on the trackpad are broken most of the times and rarely work. I never had this issue when I started using Miro around 2021.

EDIT: after googling around, it seems to actually be an issue with macOS. I noticed that pinch to zoom is broken for all apps (native and 3rd party). I had to go to System settings > trackpad and disable, enable pinch to zoom for it to work again.