to create a new team (after delete a previous team)

• 12 February 2022
  • 5 replies

I need help with:

I deleted a team (free account), so I don't have a team now, but I want to create a new team and the platform sends me a message that I have to pay for a subscription.

I need help to create my "new first team" but without paying.:grimacing:

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Felipe Beltrán - As long as your Miro account profile is a member of at least one team-paid or free--when you use the Add teams (“+” symbol) action, you be prompted to create a paid team.

The only way you can create a new Free Plan team is to leave ALL teams that you are a member of, at which point Miro will detect that your your account profile is not a member of any team and will prompt you to create your own Free Plan team, just like when you create an account for the first time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Felipe Beltrán - Another option is to create a new Miro account, add your current email address as a member of that new team and make it an admin. Now when you sign in using your current email address, you will have this new Free Plan team available from your dashboard, e.g.:

And if you make your current Miro profile/email a Team Admin on that new team, you could delete the user/team member/email address that you used to create the new team. You don’t have to delete the user, but you should make your current email add/user a Team Admin, in case you lose access to the email address that you used to create the new team.

I deleted this here:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/i-am-unable-to-create-a-free-team-in-miro-5052

Thank you very much!!

Why doesn't Miro fix the bug? This has been a problem for many years. I also can't make a free team account because I was once invited to connect to a school account. But the e-mail is not the school's, but personal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Why doesn't Miro fix the bug? This has been a problem for many years. I also can't make a free team account because I was once invited to connect to a school account. But the e-mail is not the school's, but personal.

@Priit Kangur - Miro likely does not consider this to be a bug as there is no mandate or system rule that says "every Miro account profile must be allowed to have a Free Plan team associated with it."

If you really want to have a Free Plan team associated with your current email address, then you can always create a new Miro account using some other email address and then add your current email address as a member of that new team. Now, when you sign in using your current email address, you will have another team space available on your dashboard. Note: You'll want to make your current email address a Team Admin on that new team.

I detailed these steps in this post under "Creating a new Team and migrate all boards/users to that team"

https://community.miro.com/miro-labs-113/article-taking-back-control-of-your-free-plan-team-7706