Question

Sync a value across board?

• 1 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I'd like to add an item with a value to my board, and be able to add other items that are clones of it.

Example:

I add an item (the "Original") with the text "+2" to my Miro board

I create a new item that is a Mirror of the "+2" item.

I make a change to the Original item, changing the text to "+3"

The mirror item now reads "+3"

Is there a feature or Miro or app that does this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@simonmaxhill - What you are describing (dynamic/symbolic linking of objects) is not currently possible using out-of-the-box Miro functionality. However, it may be possible to use Miro’s web SDK (or REST API if the objects are not on the same board) to accomplish what you are looking for. You would want someone with a development background to review the Miro Developer Platform documentation.

Feature request via Wish List Idea

Someone has requested very similar functionality in the following Wish List Idea - you may want to add your comments/vote here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/copy-objects-by-reference-instance-1008

However, if you fee that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.