Answered

Switching from free plan to Consultant plan

• 6 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m new to miro… I’ve currently got a free plan and am sharing a board I created with a handful of others, also on the free plan. I need additional functionality for a forthcoming workshop (voting & timer) and so want to upgrade to the Consultant plan. However, I only want to pay for myself - but there are currently 6 members in the team. When I try to upgrade with just one team member, it says I will have to remove 5 people from the team. I’m OK with them having just viewing and commenting rather than full editing rights, but do I need to remove them from the team and and then re-invite them? Or how else does this work?

Many thanks,

Mark

icon

Best answer by Isman Tanuri 6 May 2020, 23:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Related issue here:

I used to have team members for one of my boards in the free version. Now that I switched, it seems I cannot have any team members without paying.  Somehow that feels like a massive downgrade…

Am I missing something?

marcel

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marcel Britsch -

this screenshot from a support article regarding the differences between the free and team plans should answer your concerns. Yes, you do have to pay for each full user, but you get a lot more capabilities than the free plan provides, especially things like having more than three active boards, high quality exports, projects for organizing boards and the ability to create custom templates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mark Dickinson Yes, it's a Miro quirk when you're trying to upgrade from a free account to a Consultant plan. If you have other people in your free plan/boards, then Miro automatically detects a "Team" so you have to remove them from your account before you can opt for the "Consultant" plan.

If you do upgrade, then you can re-share the board links to your team mates with Comment or Viewing access.

If you try to add them again to your boards, I believe Miro sees it as adding "Users/Team Members" and will charge you accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Related issue here:

I used to have team members for one of my boards in the free version. Now that I switched, it seems I cannot have any team members without paying.  Somehow that feels like a massive downgrade…

Am I missing something?

marcel

@Marcel Britsch That's a function of a free plan with limit of 3 boards although you can add more "team members". I personally upgraded because I needed more than 3 boards and need the "Project" folders so that specific clients/team members have limited access for certain Project Folders or boards.

This just doesn’t make sense. I switched to the consultant plan and also felt like a huge downgrade not being able to invite team members if they’re in the free plan. 

In my case I had to exclude all the members of a team to make the upgrade but I thought that it would be obvious that I could invite them again as members (at least as project members) after the upgrade. When you do an upgrade you just image gain features, not loosing them.

Please, review this, guys!

I think add project members with view/editing settings would be a a nice solution.