Answered

Sticky notes disappeared - lost content

• 10 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. The company I work for set up a workshop in Miro yesterday with over 25 attendees from different organizations. Many sticky notes were added to the board by the attendees but when I’ve gone to view the comments later on in the day, it seems they have all disappeared.

Has anybody had any similar issues with content being deleted randomly? Is there any way to restore the lost sticky notes? Otherwise we’ll have just wasted 3 hours of valuable project time/work.

Kind regards,

Sam

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 10 December 2020, 14:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sam Mirfin -

Unfortunately if no one took a backup of the board at the end of the workshop there wouldn’t be a way to restore it unless Miro support (Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center) does backups at regular intervals in the day. 

I’ve never experienced this behavior, but as a risk mitigation strategy, I will regularly backup a workshop’s active board (e.g. during a break) to be able to restore back in case something like this were to happen.

Kiron

Thanks Kiron. Upon further inspection it looks as though the sticky notes were added onto a seperate ‘layer’. A number of sticky notes were added before the workshop and all locked using ctrl+A. A second round of sticky notes were then added during the workshop. These are the ones that have disappeared. Is this possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sam Mirfin - No sticky notes should just “disappear”.

The new Deleted Content Recovery feature was released three days ago. Have a read of the post (and there’s a link to the Help Centre article in the post). Perhaps this new feature will save the day!

https://community.miro.com/changelog-feedback-31/introducing-deleted-content-recovery-available-to-all-miro-users-starting-today-3048