Skip to main content

Spacing issues when pasting from Excel

• 13 November 2020
  • 8 replies

I have been pasting information from 4 excel cells (all selected at once) into a single sticky note on Miro without issue until today. Now when I paste, there are a bunch of extra blank lines added to my paste selection (above, below, and between cells). I tried pasting into other shapes as well and continue to have the same issue. Attached image of the issue. The yellow note is the “new” paste from today, the green note is the way it has been up until today.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mike Emery - I suspect that your example (along with other recent posts) are a reflection of changes being made by Miro without testing or consideration on the impacts to both existing objects with text or the changes in behavior moving forward.

For confirmation, I would suggest that reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form and ask them if this is a bug or a change.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

@Lena Shenkarenko - Similar to this post where you mention changes being made to text boxes, there appears to be more reports coming in of changes related to text:

Are these related?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Including @オカモトタク , @オオカワヨウスケ , @Jon McKellan , @LM5 , @Julien .

Thanks Robert. I submitted a support ticket moments after creation of the post. Miro said they cannot replicate the issue and asked for more information. I will report back once we come to a conclusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mike Emery - I am able to replicate it exactly as you have described. Conditions:

• Windows 10 Home (2004)
  • Latest stable Chrome → 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Miro Windows 64-bit desktop app (0.4.2)
  • Excel 2010 (Build 13328.20356)
  • Miro Consultant Plan & Free Plan

Video:

Feel free to share this post with them via → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

:thumbsup_tone5: I sent the link to the person assisting me. I will post their findings. Thanks for your assistance. I did not know how to capture the issue as you so gloriously did. 

Userlevel 1

Same bug here. Thx @Mike Emery  and @Robert Johnson 

I send a ticket last saturday to report all textboxes bugs. How many days before revert to the old version of textbox?

Tech Support’s Ruling:

The development team recently released an update to the text widget that caused some of the functionality within the text widget like line breaks being added from copying and pasting to break or behave abnormally. The team has rolled back the release to a previous version so that you should no longer be affected by this issue. The team will work on fixing the text widget and all known issues before rolling out the text widget update, but we apologize for the issues that were caused by this and any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Userlevel 1
Thx @Mike Emery, textboxes seems to be fixed.

😰 Five days with no works, it’s long but thx to Miro dev team to rolled back and Miro com team to pitch this bug. 

I’m afraid for the next bug if there is auto-update and we can’t downgrade on MacOS (possible on Windows). Please consider to allow user to downgrade Miro version on MacOS.