Sharing boards starting from a free account

Userlevel 4

I have a client that recently purchased a Consultant license. One of their employees has been building content on a free Miro. Now they want to send boards from the free account to the Consultant account.

I believe the easiest way is to do this is for the free account to be upgraded to a paid (Team) account and export the boards, which can then be opened by the Consultant account.

Will Miro allow this process, or am I missing something?

For discussion, another alternative would be the Consultant license purchasing an additional paid license and then inviting the free Miro user into the team. If this method was used, could the Consultant license purchase a 1 month additional license, or would it need to be yearly?

Any help or other ideas are welcome of course, and thanks!

P.S. This article about transferring boards is excellent: https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/7-ways-to-provide-someone-with-a-copy-of-a-board-you-own-1707

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Robert!

Thanks for your questions!

The easiest way to transfer the boards to the Consultant account would be to invite the user to the account and ask them to move boards to the paid team indeed. 

The good news is that it is possible to invite users for a month only even on the yearly subscriptions. Your client can add the user just for the needed time and remove them from the team after that. Since the cost for additional members is always prorated (the proration is added to the upcoming invoice), eventually, only the actual time when the additional seat is used will be charged. More details on how prorated billing works can be found in this handy article - Understanding billing

Hope it helps! 

Userlevel 4

This is wonderful, Arina. Thank you for the clarification!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Kienzle - An even easier way to share a copy of a board that resides in a Free Plan team is to

1. set the board's Share settings to "Anyone with the link" to "Can view"

2. Send the link to the recipient

3. The recipient opens the board, clicks on the board name, and uses the Dupliacte action.

I outlined this the in more detail in this post:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/sharing-a-board-with-any-miro-user-bonus-boards-vs-custom-templates-7807

This is free and doesn't involve adding/removing anyone to/from any teams. 

Userlevel 4

Thanks, Robert!