Running two Miro boards in one workshop

• 17 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m going to be running a workshop where we need to cover off 2 persona’s at the same time and I’d like to split the team into 2 and let them work them through then come back together at the end of the session. As the facilitator i’d like to be able to be in both sessions to help. We will be using video chat - Is this possible?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they are separate boards, I believe the Miro video chats would be independent of each other.

Alternatively, if you use a video app such as Zoom, I use a single Miro board, but breakout the teams in their own Zoom group chats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Linz -

@Isman Tanuri is correct that separate boards will enable separate video chats, but as he has indicated it might be better to use a third-party video conferencing platform which supports breakout rooms (e.g. Zoom, WebEx) so that you can use a single board with two distinct frames for the teams to work on each persona. That way, you can zoom out your view and be able to monitor both teams simultaneously without the need to switch browser or Miro app tabs constantly.

Kiron

Userlevel 4

@Linz  - did you run your session yet? If so can you share your final choice(s) and maybe share what you would Add or Repeat, or Extend, or Reduce or Stop or Eliminate etc  from either facilitator or attendee or results/ prep/ execution perspectives next time?

thnx :)

Stay Safe