Answered

Restoring from duplicate board?

• 17 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Is it possible to duplicate a Miro board and then at a later date use that board as a backup in case of any data loss through user error?  I know there is a backup feature but i wondered if there is any benefit to duplicating the board instead?

Thanks!

Sam

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 May 2021, 17:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sam Long

Is it possible to duplicate a Miro board and then at a later date use that board as a backup in case of any data loss through user error?

Yes, however, note that you won’t be able to just “restore current board from another board”. To better understand what I mean by this, you would first need to understand that every board that is created (using the “New board” action, duplicating, uploading from .rtb backup, etc.) will all have a unique board link/URL. 

Getting back to your original question, if there was data loss, you could open the duplicated board, find the data you are looking for, and then copy it to the main working board.

It’s worth mentioning here that there are some data recovery options for each Miro board. More information can be found by searching for “Restoring recently deleted board content using Activity List” in the Activity List Help Center article.

One other option you may want to explore--that could be added to an existing board quite easily--would be to back up info as a Custom Template.

I know there is a backup feature but i wondered if there is any benefit to duplicating the board instead?

One use case for duplicating a board would be: You created a board for multiple sessions and want to quickly create individual copies.

A few use cases for downloading a board backup would be:

1. You want to share a copy of the board to someone.
  2. You want to store an offline copy of the board to ensure that no one could edit it or that it would not be impacted by any glitches on Miro’s end.