Skip to main content

Is there any way to restore deleted team or board this team belong?

Did a cleanup and delete deprecated teams from my account but important board I'm looking for  was assigned with old team. 

A bit shocked now. As an improvement why not to place boards name on the popup with warning(not only numbers of boards to be deleted.

Created a ticket in support but no response for a while...

@Uladzimir Liashchynski - According to the How to Restore a Deleted Board help article, if you delete a Team, the boards are permanently deleted:

I suspect the reason why they would not prompt the board names that were going to be deleted as there may be too many boards to display.

Yes, saw this article, and both notification on delete screen and in the confirmation email. Was sure deleting correct teams.

Hope support have any ability to restore and there is a gap before deleting and is’n affected immediately 

Hopefully the support team can help you out!

Hello! I had a similar experience to yours… Did support team resolve it?

Nope. It’s technically impossible.

Hi all. I deleted a Team before canceling the subscription tied to the Team - does it mean the subscription on the (deleted) Team is automatically terminated?

Hi all. I deleted a Team before canceling the subscription tied to the Team - does it mean the subscription on the (deleted) Team is automatically terminated?

Your best answer will come from Miro support as the community won't have enough information to answer your question.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=hc_bug

Thanks Robert.

Have already submitted a ticket to Miro support.

I have the same issue, my colleague accidentally deleted team in Miro what caused annihilation all team members boards. Is it possible to restore it by customer support?

Please, help guys!

Same case here. :sob:

Your best answer will come from Miro support as the community won't have enough information to answer your question.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=hc_bug

Yes, a ticket works as Enterprise plan user. Thanks a lot!

This is really bad user experience. You should be more clear with your messaging when it comes to complete deletion of a “Team”. Redesign your “team” and “board” creation process. Not everyone works in a team I thought my boards were separate. Very disappointed with the lack of solutions as this is clearly an issue with multiple people don’t you use these forums to improve your product?

I had the same issue here, I need to recover the content of a board that was in a deleted team.

I had the same case😭 I’m free plan user. What can I do more?

Hi @jiyun lim 

Did you delete the entire team? If so, 

“Restoring a deleted team will also restore any boards or templates that were removed when the team was deleted.

Deleting the team permanently will also permanently delete any boards or templates created by them. This cannot be undone.” -- This is from the Help Center article. 

However, if you take the steps in the article to restore the deleted team, the boards might be recovered.  Have you tried that?

@ElvaMiro 

Thank you for your reply, but that solution seems to be for Business Plan and Enterprise Plan. Will that work for me?

hi @jiyun lim 

I did some research and spoke to the team. When team boards are deleted, they are kept for 90 days so that they can be restored. Free plan users do not have that option to restore from the Trash, but paid Enterprise plan users do. 

Therefore, if you upgrade to a paid Enterprise plan, you should be able to go into the Trash and find your lost team. You will be able to restore the deleted team and all of its boards.

If you do not have a link to the board, you can search and restore the board via the Trash page. (This page is only visible to paid plans.) Also, when you have a paid plan, you have access to the Support Desk, who can help you as well. 

Because you deleted the team, and not the board, restoring a team is only available to the Enterprise users. Deleted teams are not restorable after 90 days.

Best of luck, and I hope this helps!

@jiyun lim - This post is about restoring a “deleted team”.

Can you please confirm: Are you trying to restore

1. just a board that you deleted?
  2. or did you delete an entire team and are trying to restore one or more boards from that deleted team?

And if option #2, what type of subscription was the team a part of? (Free, Starter, etc.).

Hi @ElvaMiro

I had the same problem of deleting my team by mistake, I’ve tried to upgrade to a paid Business Plan, because it seems like the restoring option was available as well. I coule access the “deleted” option but nothing was there. I guess it’s because I deleted my team on a free plan...I don’t know.. 

Anyhow, that UX is very bad because it seems many people have this issue. 

I sent a ticket to the support team yesterday, they just deleted it without warning or mail. 

I sent a new one today.. Let’s see. 

Hi @Charlottemre,

Eca here from Miro.

Thank you for reaching out! I’d like to clarify that subscribing to the Business Plan to use the "restoring teams" feature does not automatically apply to a team that was deleted under a free plan. The restoration feature works specifically for teams within a Business Plan's organization (multi-team setup). Teams outside of the Business Plan's organization are not automatically included, even if you use the same profile and hold admin rights.

That being said, your deleted team under a Free plan and its boards can still be restored. To assist with this, please provide the following information to support team so they can locate your deleted team right away.

• The name of the deleted team.
  • URL link to one of the boards that was stored in the deleted team.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi @Eca 

Thanks a lot for your very kind answer.

I will do that right away 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Have a great day ! 

Hi @Eca 

Have a great day ! 

Update : Just wanted to say a big big thanks to @Eca.

I followed exactly what she said and I could get my team & boards back ! She saved my life !! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

wow great ideas

Hi @Eca 

Have a great day ! 

Update : Just wanted to say a big big thanks to @Eca.

I followed exactly what she said and I could get my team & boards back ! She saved my life !! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out and you were able to restore your team and boards! 🎉 It was my pleasure to help, and I'm really happy that it saved the day for you, @Charlottemre. 😊

If you need anything else or run into any other issues, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you the best with your work ahead!