[RESOLVED] Objects being hidden behind wireframe frame

• 20 January 2022
  • 14 replies

I logged into my board today and noticed that all of my images were missing. I quickly learned they were not missing, but moved to the background. The problem is I can not bring them back to the front. The only way to see the images is to either hide the device or make the background transparent.

Has anyone seen this before, and how do I resolved it without having to go frame by frame removing the background?

Thanks in advance

I’m on a free account by the way. 

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

Update from Miro support:

Hi Robert and John,

Thank you for your patience!

As you expected @Robert, there was indeed a bug on our side that caused this behavior, but the good news is that the development team has already resolved the issue and released a fix.

@John - Our sincere apologies for causing any inconveniences to your workflow. Please let me know if you are now able to see the images on your wireframes or if you have any additional questions - I'm here to help!

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

Maggie

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John Dough - This appears to be a bug. I will submit a support ticket and report back what they say. I will also CC you in the ticket.

I can’t remember if wireframe objects used to have the Bring forward/Send back, but if they did, the option is gone. Images are getting lost in the wireframe. The same thing is happening with sticky notes.

Userlevel 2

My Miro wireframes behave in the same way as @Robert Johnson is showing.

I noticed you can make the background color transparent to see things, but not ideal!

Happy to provide more information if needed - nothing else to add from my end that Robert hasn’t already.

My Miro wireframes behave in the same way as @Robert Johnson is showing.

I noticed you can make the background color transparent to see things, but not ideal!

Happy to provide more information if needed - nothing else to add from my end that Robert hasn’t already.

That’s what I had to do today. Very tedious process. 

@John Dough - This appears to be a bug. I will submit a support ticket and report back what they say. I will also CC you in the ticket.

I can’t remember if wireframe objects used to have the Bring forward/Send back, but if they did, the option is gone. Images are getting lost in the wireframe. The same thing is happening with sticky notes.

Thank you sir. 

The same thing is happening to me! as @John Dough commented,  I cant view 5 days work! Please help and advice! When will be solved. :scream:

This is in all my work. :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Juan F Ruiz - What you could do for now, is:

1. Create shapes or frames below your current wireframe objects - in this example I used Frames and used the L hotkey to create new Connection Lines. Make these the same size as your current wireframe, e.g., smartphone, objects:

1. Select your wireframe objects, which will select the images behind them - and use the Filter to isolate the images, then drag them out from behind the wireframe:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update from Miro support:

Hi Robert and John,

Thank you for your patience!

As you expected @Robert, there was indeed a bug on our side that caused this behavior, but the good news is that the development team has already resolved the issue and released a fix.

@John - Our sincere apologies for causing any inconveniences to your workflow. Please let me know if you are now able to see the images on your wireframes or if you have any additional questions - I'm here to help!

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

Maggie

Hi there,

I confirm that I am still currently having the same issue. When adding a custom white colour frame and moving it over existing objects on my boards, some objects gets hidden and some show on top of the frame.

I do not understand the pattern of which type of objects gets hidden behind the frame, and which objets remains visible on top of the frame.

I think the “send to the back” feature is gone? That would have solved the issue.

Anybody else had the same issue and managed to fix it?

Thank you,

PJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Kasseyet - As far as I can tell, there is no “bring to back”/”send to front” functionality for frames or wireframe objects.

Perhaps you just haven’t picked up the code changes yet. Have you tried:

1. signing out
  2. clearing your browser cache (or resetting the app data if using the desktop app)
  3. signing back in

Are you able to share a Loom video of this in action?

Here it is working for me using the same objects I tested with in my earlier reply:

Though this is resolved, I had this problem today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Though this is resolved, I had this problem today.

@Adam Watson - I just tested this again through the latest stable Chrome and Miro desktop app on Windows 11 (64-bit) and am not experiencing the bug (the images are still on top of the the wireframe object).

What is your setup? Have you cleared your cache or reset the app data (if using the desktop app)?

I did empty the cache to no avail.  It's odd, only for some kinds of objects like these little groups of guys.  If I move the objects a little I can see they're there, and then a little zoom or scroll and they pop back.  But when I reload the doc, they'll be all hidden again  :( 

That was Chrome.  I just tried in the installed app, it's similar, but different there.  These objects appear and disappear as I move around  🤔

In fact, that popping in and out happens the same in the app and Chrome.   The work around so far is to select all, jog everything a pixel and it all comes back until I next load the page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adam Watson - I would suggest reaching out directly to Miro’s support team, and including the GIF you created (or just linking to this post).

Here is an article that shows how you can contact Miro support (if you are on a Free/Education plan, you can search this article for “contact form”):

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C