Skip to main content

[RESOLVED] No way to play the embedded video directly within the board

• 15 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi @Vlada, I copied the link of a Getting Started with Miro video from youtube and it pasted as an image. The only way to view the video was to click on the image, then on the toolbar that popped up, click on the ‘source’ icon to open a web browser to youtube. Is this correct? I was hoping to watch the video from within the Miro board.  

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Hi @Vlada, I copied the link of a Getting Started with Miro video from youtube and it pasted as an image. The only way to view the video was to click on the image, then on the toolbar that popped up, click on the ‘source’ icon to open a web browser to youtube. Is this correct? I was hoping to watch the video from within the Miro board.  

This happened to me this morning as well. However yesterday it was possible to play them… See 2 different outputs with the exact same copy action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Andrea de Wattignar,

I’m afraid this is not expected behavior :thinking:  Will you please create a support ticket at support@miro.com? The team will investigate the issue. Thanks! 

I was excited to create a presentation in Miro with embedded youtube videos and I’m now encountering this same issue.  I hope this gets fixed soon!

I am having the same issue. I can embed ANY videos in to Miro 

Same issue.  Just getting a title and it prompts a link out to the vimeo/youtube page.  No way to play directly within the board.

My work around for now it to upload a screenshot of the video and then add a link to the URL 

I got the same problem here as @Eddy Bruin and launching a big Miro platform/template monday where it’s very critical I can add a new video @Marina 

FYI everyone it seems to be working again :D