Skip to main content

Is there a better way to get insight in to a users 'content' when they have no boards no projects and no templates what remains and how do we check? 

Hi @Sam Swift! If they don't own any boards, projects, or templates, there's nothing left to own. Having added something on a board doesn't count – that content belongs to the board, which is owned by someone. 🙂

@Henrik Ståhl - I believe what @Sam Swift may be suggesting is they are receiving this message even if the user has no content - this type of message is not helpful.

Even if they did have content, as far as I know, there is no way generate a report on a user’s content - again, not helpful to determine if knowledge is being lost. One would have to assign the content to another user and have that user look through all of their content to try to determine what is new to them - again, not helpful.

Even the Admin Insights Help Center article does not appear to mention this type of summary at the user level - however, I will admit I did not it too closely 😉

A few Options…

Query using Miro API

@Sam Swift - You may be able to build your query using the Miro REST API. You could have someone with a development background review the REST API documentation here → https://developers.miro.com/docs/welcome

Wish List

You could add this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

@Robert Johnson Aaaaah, of course! Thanks Robert. And I agree that it isn't very helpful if you receive that message even though the user has no content.

Querying the API sounds like a good workaround, maybe someone will even get inspired and create a plugin… 😉

Thank you, both @Henrik Ståhl and @Robert Johnson, it's great to hear from the more experienced! A quick look at the API documentation doesn't look like much will be possible, so I will settle for the wish list. Hopefully it's more just a bug that I'm seeing this notice.   

wish list post: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/better-insight-into-what-content-a-user-owns-7908