Remove ability for team admins to invite users

• 10 November 2021
  • 3 replies

We use Azure group provisioning to assign users to Miro teams.  Is there a way to disable team admins from inviting users to their teams?  We want this to be entirely controlled by Azure system admins where users get access to Miro Teams they need to join by adding them to the corresponding Azure security groups only.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi again, Jen! :)

Independent from Azure group provisioning, on ConsultantBusiness, and Enterprise plans, Company Admins can restrict the ability of inviting new members to Company Admins only:

This is described in greater detail in this article, in case you’d like to read up on it. 

Did this help? If not - just holler at us! :smiley:

Userlevel 1

Hi Eva,

what you describe is an option but I think Jen is looking for something different.

Or at least I do.
This is what I would like to have:

I want to keep the invitation setting so that Team Admins can invite Team Members,
BUT the invitation should be limited to only users which are already Member within the Enterprise subscription.
This is to on one hand have the Team Admins maintain their teams,
but on the other hand do not allow them to provision NEW users or Licenses.

So that would be my request.

We have the same issue. 
We want only Company admins to be the only role that invites new licensed users to our account. 

But if you select this option, you lose the ability for Team admins to add anyone to a team, including already licensed users, which then puts an unnecessary burden on the company admins.