Skip to main content

Hi miro community, hoping someone can help me!

I’ve created a bunch of custom shaped stickies, with text boxes on them. I’ve then grouped each sticky and text box, so they work as one.

When I use the Align feature to put them into a pile, the text from each overlays so it’s all jumbled up, rather than each sticky hiding the next.

Not sure what to do? Ideas?!

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi @MiroSarah 

Thanks for reaching out to the community! To help me understand the issue better and offer more specific advice, could you please share a screenshot or a short video of how the text boxes and stickies look when you use the Align feature? It would also be helpful if you could show what you’re hoping to achieve with the pile.

Looking forward to your update!

Thank you for your reply!

I am trying to stack the stickies in one pile, so that only one sticky appears at a time, when it’s move it reveals the next. When I stack them, the text seems to overlay the others as below.

Thoughts on what I need to do?

Thanks again! 

Hi @MiroSarah 

It’s easier to just write on each sticky note, because then you can stack the notes on top of each other.

But if you want to include text boxes, you’ll have to GROUP the text box and the sticky first, and then layer them on top of other stickies that are similarly grouped. Otherwise, the text boxes sit on top of each other, as your example shows.

Select the text box and the sticky, then hit Group Objects from the tool bar that shows up.

Then follow the same process for other stickies. You’ll be able to then stack the stickies over each other, as shown here. You can switch the order by right clicking and selecting “Bring to front,” “Send to back,” and so on. Again, it’s easier to just write on each sticky directly, such as the “1” in this example but I understand there are limited font options with this. 

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks! Really appreciate your detailed reply.

Although, I had already grouped the text boxes with the stickie. There are stickie header and then description so header wrote on the sticky and the description is text box.

I checked I hadn’t missed grouping any but still having the same problem so a bit stumped!

Any other ideas?

I’ve gone through and added “Layer 1” to them all and that’s sorted it out!

Oh no! Typed too fast  that still hasn’t improved it! Some are okay, not others. 😒

Help!

Hi @MiroSarah,

Thanks for the updates!

As per my replication, the issue is reproduced on my end. I’ve gone ahead and converted your post into a support ticket so our team can investigate further. Please share with them more details about your case and check your inbox for their response. Kindly share support’s instruction as well in the Community to help others who might experience the same issue.