Skip to main content
Answered

Please help clarify access to & sharing of boards

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

Having read all the help pages on sharing, I still need some help to make sure that I understand how it works.

I am hosting a training session for 32 people and 2 co-presenters, and have signed up for the team plan (2 members)

Is my understanding correct that I can

• publicly share my main board
  • send that link to 32 participants and 2 co-presenters
  • that all 34 of them will be able to edit the board, e.g. move stickies around, without signing in
  • since they’ve not signed in, they will be anonymous i.e. their initials/name will not appear (since they didn’t sign in)

If my understanding is correct, is the only benefit to signing up for a bigger team plan, that team members will have to sign in to Miro, and that their contributions are marked with their names?  If not, why would someone ever need a team plan bigger than 2?

If I publicly share a board that has a link to a second board, will Miro automatically allow access to the second board when the link is clicked on the first board, i.e. without any login required, provided that the second board is shared publicly?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Bennie Naude.

Is my understanding correct that I can

• publicly share my main board
  • send that link to 32 participants and 2 co-presenters
  • that all 34 of them will be able to edit the board, e.g. move stickies around, without signing in
  • since they’ve not signed in, they will be anonymous i.e. their initials/name will not appear (since they didn’t sign in)

If my understanding is correct, is the only benefit to signing up for a bigger team plan, that team members will have to sign in to Miro, and that their contributions are marked with their names?  If not, why would someone ever need a team plan bigger than 2?

There are other benefits for users to have a paid account/be paid members on a team. For example, your guest editors will not be able to do the following as per the Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors help center article: 

However, these limitations are usually a benefit to session facilitators!

Seeing the names of Guest Editors

I wrote an article about a month that shows how you can actually have your guests enter their names while the board is in Anyone with the link → Can comment mode, and then flip it to Can edit.

Trick: Show the real name of an anonymous Guest Editor

why would someone ever need a team plan bigger than 2?

They are a team of more than two people and everyone needs to be able to

• create their own boards
  • share boards with others, both on the same Miro team and with guest editors

Consultant Plan

By the way, if you are the only person who needs a paid Miro account, you may want to consider switching to the Consultant Plan which allows for one paid user at $15/month - you can compare all of the plan features here.

If you do want to move from the Team to Consultant Plan, here is a link with information on how to do this: How to Change Your Plan → switch from Team plan to Consultant or Business.

If I publicly share a board that has a link to a second board, will Miro automatically allow access to the second board when the link is clicked on the first board, i.e. without any login required, provided that the second board is shared publicly?

Yes, once the board is in public access mode, it doesn’t matter how/when/where you access it from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bennie Naude -

You may want to review this Help Center article which highlights the limitations of the Anonymous Guest Editor access: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors

And to answer the 2nd question, yes, if both boards have been shared publicly, then a link from one to the other should open successfully.

Kiron

Userlevel 2

@Kiron Bondale @Robert Johnson  - wow!

Brilliant, thanks very much.