One board vs multiple boards

• 26 September 2022
  • 1 reply

With Miro having infinite board space how does everyone decide on what topics/projects/ideas warrant having their own boards vs grouping many topics/projects/ideas into bigger ‘master, boards?

I’m really keen to understand how others decide what becomes a Miro ‘team’ or ‘project’ - at the moment we have one team for our agency with clients having multiple project boards but I’m exploring each client having a single project with loads in it!

What does everyone else do?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I organize board content relevant to a topic or by the audience who be accessing the board.

If it helps, think of the boards like word processing documents -- just because you could put 100s of pages in one, doesn't mean you should. As with Miro boards, the more content you put in them, the slower they will become.

While a Miro board is advertised as having an infinite canvas, this just means that they do not enforce border limits. There are, however, technical limitations. Here's an article on the subject of having too many objects on a board:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013588560-Tips-to-improve-board-performance