Answered

MS Excel vs Google Sheets

• 18 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey all, I wanted to find out if what I am seeing is expected behavior when it comes to integrating a MS Excel workbook. 

I pointed to an excel file that is on OneDrive (and also have dragged and dropped) onto a Frame in Miro. I also did this with Google Sheets and Google Drive.

MS Excel and OneDrive (left image)

• I’m only able to see a maximum of 2 columns and I have to click the left/right arrows to see the rest of the worksheet
  • Large empty whitespace for the border of the content
  • Double-click opens a zoomed version of the document. The remaining columns are visible etc. But I am not able to edit.

Google Sheets (right image)

• I’m able to see almost the entire worksheet (6 columns).
  • Large empty whitespace for the border of the content
  • Double-click opens a zoomed version of the document. I am able to do live edits.

If I could get the same behavior from MS Excel as I am seeing in Google Sheets, that would be awesome.

icon

Best answer by Marina 20 November 2020, 06:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jeremy Wheeler,

Yes, this is expected.

If you want to see the whole document imported from OneDrive, you can try to divide the document into pages using the page break option. This functionality is available in the offline version of Excel. Each page should be displayed in full on the board.

Also, editing documents right on the board is only available if the document is imported from Google Drive