Answered

Missing emojis Replaced with square block.

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Has anyone else seen this issue.   I AM on a free account.   When I click on the Emoji widget in the Content Toolbar I get something that looks like this:

And a number of the emojis (of course, the ones I need) are not available.

Thanks,

Gary Miyakawa

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 16 March 2021, 02:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gary Miyakawa - I’m not sure exactly how these Emoji app works, e.g., is it tied to the user’s system emojis? I think it is because when I press Windows key+: on my Windows 10 Home laptop, the emojis I see on my system looks just like the ones in the Miro Emojis app, e.g.:

And my Windows 10 emojis:

So next I did a search in the Miro Help Center and found this in the Emojis article:

Even if your OS (Operating System, e.g., Windows XP) is later than 2018, there still may be an issue with Miro being able to read/display emojis from your OS.

Can you provide some more details, and if need be, I will convert your post into a Miro support ticket:

• What operating system are you using?
  • How are you accessing Miro?
    • A browser? If so, which one and what is the version number?
    • A Miro app?  If so, which one and what is the version number?
  • Have you restarted your computer?
  • Did all of the emojis previously show up on the same device you are on now?

Ok, Thank you for your reply….

Windows 8.1 (all recent updates)

Using Browser (Chrome)

Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ve had this problem for days and have rebooted my laptop multiple times.

Thanks!

Gary Miyakawa​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gary Miyakawa - Unfortunately, you are likely impacted by the same technical limitation that forced Miro to include the above note that is in the Emojis Help Center article. Therefore, a support ticket would likely be rejected.

A few options for you now would be to:

1. Try the Miro Windows desktop app and see if that works for you - however, I’m not sure if will even run on Windows 81., but give it a shot!
  2. Use the Iconfinder app to find an emoji you are looking for (or the “Google image search” app)
  3. I will PM you a link to a board where I placed the emojis on a board of mine to see if you can copy-and-paste them to your board, however, I am willing to bet at this point that they won’t show up on the board for you as they are stored in the object itself as an Emoji and now a picture, but it’s worth a try!