Answered

Missing emojis Replaced with square block.

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Has anyone else seen this issue.   I AM on a free account.   When I click on the Emoji widget in the Content Toolbar I get something that looks like this:

And a number of the emojis (of course, the ones I need) are not available.

Thanks,

Gary Miyakawa

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 16 March 2021, 02:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gary Miyakawa - Unfortunately, you are likely impacted by the same technical limitation that forced Miro to include the above note that is in the Emojis Help Center article. Therefore, a support ticket would likely be rejected.

A few options for you now would be to:

1. Try the Miro Windows desktop app and see if that works for you - however, I’m not sure if will even run on Windows 81., but give it a shot!
  2. Use the Iconfinder app to find an emoji you are looking for (or the “Google image search” app)
  3. I will PM you a link to a board where I placed the emojis on a board of mine to see if you can copy-and-paste them to your board, however, I am willing to bet at this point that they won’t show up on the board for you as they are stored in the object itself as an Emoji and now a picture, but it’s worth a try!

Ok, Thank you for your reply….

Windows 8.1 (all recent updates)

Using Browser (Chrome)

Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ve had this problem for days and have rebooted my laptop multiple times.

Thanks!

Gary Miyakawa​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gary Miyakawa - I’m not sure exactly how these Emoji app works, e.g., is it tied to the user’s system emojis? I think it is because when I press Windows key+: on my Windows 10 Home laptop, the emojis I see on my system looks just like the ones in the Miro Emojis app, e.g.:

And my Windows 10 emojis:

So next I did a search in the Miro Help Center and found this in the Emojis article:

Even if your OS (Operating System, e.g., Windows XP) is later than 2018, there still may be an issue with Miro being able to read/display emojis from your OS.

Can you provide some more details, and if need be, I will convert your post into a Miro support ticket:

• What operating system are you using?
  • How are you accessing Miro?
    • A browser? If so, which one and what is the version number?
    • A Miro app?  If so, which one and what is the version number?
  • Have you restarted your computer?
  • Did all of the emojis previously show up on the same device you are on now?