Miro Desktop App (Windows 10) loads a web page instead of board list after clicking on Learn More in a Miro message

• 17 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I was using the desktop app and received a message about the planned maintenance this Friday, and clicked on the link to Learn More. 

• the desktop app launched the page in the app
  • there is no BACK button
  • restarting the app returns me to the page in the screen shot
  • uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling returns me to the page in the screen shot

I assume I can get to boards by links, but this is really hard to work around - many of my boards haven’t been shared, even if I could find the messages in which I’ve shared them.

If you have any suggestions or advice, I would be much obliged.

Edit: added correct screen shot; the one showing my board tabs was from right after the problem occurred. I have since uninstalled, installed, restarted, etc. and the second screen shot is all I have when I launch the desktop app.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Philip DeLuca - Try pressing the ALT key, which should load the menu bar, and then Help → Reset Application data...

Tip: Ctrl+Shift+L should copy any board/page’s link into your clipboard.

There is also some info/shortcuts/troubleshooting related to the desktop app:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app#h_01EVGAY54JY5E9S7J62FRCX6D4

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Philip DeLuca Dumb question: Are you logged in? Did you try clicking “Sign in” in the upper right corner of the web page you get stuck on in the app?