Miro automatically zooms out

• 12 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Is anyone experiencing the same issues as I am? It is getting VERY frustrating! (Note: I am using the browser, not the app, however my co-worker is having the same issue using the app)

• When I navigate to another window and back to Miro (which I do constantly), it often zooms me out and I have to go back to where I was. Super annoying.
  • Today it’s happening to me even more frequently and every time I was trying to click on my browser window it would zoom me back out. I’d zoom in and as soon as I clicked it zoomed me back out. No idea why but this is making it very difficult to get work done.

Miro - PLEASE remove this feature!! If we want to zoom out we can on our own =) 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Amy Mccarthy -

What’s your system setup? I’m using Google Chrome with a Windows 10 laptop and did a quick test with a Miro board open in one tab and a bunch of other tabs open. I’ve switched back and forth between the tabs, and Miro isn’t changing the zoom level automatically.

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Great question. I am also using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. I jump from Miro to other browser tabs or apps (e.g. MS Word) frequently. It doesn’t always do it but sometimes it seems like once it starts doing it, it just keeps doing it for a period of time. I had a very strange experience today where it would not actually let me do anything because it kept automatically zooming out every time I tried to click on my board. 

I have a co-worker who also has experienced this a lot. He’s running a Mac and noticed in the browser (Safari) and on the app.

Userlevel 4

Haven't noticed this. Almost sounds like it's doing the 100% zoom out (Ctrl-1) when you click in and out of tabs @Amy Mccarthy ?

Userlevel 2

I just checked. It shows “< 1%” when it does the auto zoom out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Amy Mccarthy -

Just for interest, can you try accessing Miro via an incognito session and see if that makes any difference in the behavior?

Kiron

@Amy Mccarthy I had this issue. I tried @Kiron Bondale’s advice and issue did not occur in incognito mode. 

I resolved it in normal browsing by clearing cookies for miro.com (in Chrome, on miro.com hit the padlock to the left of the URL in the omnibar). 

Not sure about cause but I had completed a number of OS updates just prior to the issue occurring. 

Is anyone experiencing the same issues as I am? It is getting VERY frustrating! (Note: I am using the browser, not the app, however my co-worker is having the same issue using the app)

• When I navigate to another window and back to Miro (which I do constantly), it often zooms me out and I have to go back to where I was. Super annoying.
  • Today it’s happening to me even more frequently and every time I was trying to click on my browser window it would zoom me back out. I’d zoom in and as soon as I clicked it zoomed me back out. No idea why but this is making it very difficult to get work done.

Miro - PLEASE remove this feature!! If we want to zoom out we can on our own =) 

It can certainly disrupt your workflow and productivity. While I'm unable to directly address the issue, I recommend checking for any available updates for your browser or app, clearing cache and cookies, and disabling conflicting browser extensions.