Miro and Miroverse content - Rights to use

• 3 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I have seen this topic which is similar to my question, but didn’t really answer to my question:
https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/rights-to-use-material-created-in-miro-incl-use-of-miro-icons-737

I have found templates in Microverse, and also graphics in these templates that I think is really great.

I’m wondering if it is ok to copy and paste those graphics into my own miro-boards and use?

If so is there a creative commons licence for how to give credit to the creator?

For instance, let´s say I like the spaceship from https://miro.com/miroverse/profile/hued/ can I when copy only that graphic and add to my board, since it is possible to add a whole template I guess that is ok but, to only use part of is…

For me it is totally fine if that is ok but I have to show a Creative commons statement somewhere in board but I haven’t found how to deal with this yet.

Thanks in advance,

//Johan

Kristin 3 years ago

Hi @honkenen,

Thanks for your question. All Miroverse creators agree to the Community Terms of Use. This means you're welcome to utilize their works within your own boards, however it's always best practice to give credit where credit is due. 🙂

Kristin

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @honkenen,

Thanks for your question. All Miroverse creators agree to the Community Terms of Use. This means you're welcome to utilize their works within your own boards, however it's always best practice to give credit where credit is due. 🙂

Kristin

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Kristin Sure, I understand and agree.

My question was more if there are some formal stated way on how that should be down.

What size, where in the board, on all individual items if I only copy part of a Miroverse board or a box in the corner saying that content in this board are party copied from a Miroverse board, credit to XXX.

If I include more then one template into my board (or parts from different templates) that are created by different users. As part of a workshop using different methods, how should that be done?

I could add the text in where small size so that no one is able to see it or set as a start view only showing the credits to different users.

I just want to know what is best practice or regulated by Miro.

//Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@honkenen - While you wait to learn if there are any best practices in place, a few options could be:

1. Using the Visual Notes pane. It would even open for any users by default on their first visit to the board, but after closing it, it won’t open by default again (unless it gets pinned).
  2. Use the “description” field in the board details pane which is found by either clicking on the board title while in the board or using the ellipsis menu for a board from the Miro dashboard:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Robert Johnson 

Thank you! That was a great way give credit.

I will use that option.
I also contacted the creator and it was ok to use the material.

I like the idea used by Essense to give a shout out to the group that designed the idea that inspired their project. https://miro.com/miroverse/the-amsterdam-house/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@honkenen  - Wow - that is a very creative template!

Hi @Kristin 

Wonder if you could help me?… I would like to ask permission to use screen captures of the Miro Board (used for online laboratory activities) and publish them in a scientific journal. I’ve read the Community Terms of Use but could not find the specifics that refer to my situation. I’d appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Aisyah