Skip to main content

Miro is wonderful.  Using it for 3 companies.  However, one of these companies is about to get funding, expanding from 2 Miro paid users to ~ 20 over the next year, AND ~ 50 in 3 years time.  That amounts to a decent expense.  

The main Miro drawback:  No automated backups.   See Back up all the boards under a Project | Miro

Does anyone have experience with paid versions of Microsoft White Board, or any other tool, eg Top 10 Miro Alternatives & Competitors in 2024 (Pros & Cons) (clickup.com) ?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Harold Kraft 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It’s great to hear that you’re using Miro across multiple companies and that you’re planning for growth.

Regarding automated backups, I understand how crucial that can be, especially with an expanding team. While Miro currently doesn't offer automated backups natively, there are some workarounds using third-party integrations or exporting boards manually. You can also upvote or comment on this feature request that you linked: Back up all the boards under a Project | Miro.

As for alternatives like Microsoft Whiteboard or other tools, the community may be able to share their experiences. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has found a tool that offers both collaboration features and the automated backup functionality you're looking for.

I’d also recommend reaching out to Miro’s support teams, as they can provide tailored advice on scaling and any potential backup solutions.

Feel free to keep the conversation going, and thanks again for your input!

Hi @Harold Kraft 

Miro perhaps doesn’t offer automated backups, but other companies do:

FWIW I subscribed to Pro Backup for Miro - I think for maybe over a year - but then I started doing my own local backups and I felt I didn’t need an automated service anymore.  But as I recall the service was quite nice, I got an email (I think once a week) telling me of the status of my backups.

So if you like Miro . . . you might want to check this out before jumping ship!

Cheers, Ken