Answered

Microsoft Teams – has start UX changed?

• 11 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Earlier, when a MS Teams users opened a Miro tab (located within an MS Teams channel) they would launch straight into the associated Miro board that I set up.  That UX makes sense to users.

Lately, an intermediate step was introduced.  The user is first asked to “See the board”. 

Screenshot example of trying to get into a Miro board;

Am I imagining this?   This extra question steps seems useless and only serves to slow things down.   

Was this intentional?

icon

Best answer by Yvain 19 August 2021, 18:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Michael Dolbec,

Our developers have identified a bug affecting boards that were embedded before mid-June and causing this preview screen.

We are currently working on a fix which, once released, will allow boards to load without this screen again. However, we do not have any ETA to share  at the moment, so please bear with us.

Thanks for your understanding!

Userlevel 3

@Michael Dolbec: in addition to my previous message, please note that, as a workaround, you can remove the corresponding tabs in MS Teams, then re-add the boards again as tabs, they should then load without the extra screen. Alternatively, you can wait for the bug to be resolved on our side.

Hope this helps!

@Yvain I am glad that fixing this bug is on a list for a future release.

By the way, your suggestion of removing the board from Teams and then re-adding as a tab does not change the behavior.

Userlevel 3

Sorry to hear this workaround does not work Michael, I will report this to our developers.

Userlevel 3

Hey @Michael Dolbec !

A fix has been released yesterday, this extra view screen should no longer appear before boards are being displayed in MS Teams (in case you still see it, please try again to remove/add the tab).

Please let us know if the problem remains on your side.

Just tested.  I confirm that it fixes my problem.  Thank you very much.