Skip to main content
Answered

Managing education account

• 2 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Last Fall, I taught a class in the Design MBA program at the California College of the Arts (CCA) and Miro allowed me to set up a virtual classroom at no cost. Yay Miro! I am teaching again this Fall and want to duplicate a lot of the content from last Fall into new boards. I have a few questions.

1)  I saw a warning flash that I was reaching my board limit. I looked at the details of my account and it tells me how many users I can have (and I'm totally fine on that number), but not the # of boards. I want to avoid putting a lot of work into creating the new classroom boards and then hit a wall where I can't create any more.

2) Last year, all of my students (who LOVED Miro as well) created boards which I now cannot delete or archive. If I am going to hit a limit on the number of boards in my "classroom", I'd like to remove the boards that are no longer in use (all of the students have graduated).

Your help is greatly appreciated! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@eglenewinkel@cca.edu - There is no board limit on any account/plan - the only limitation is three active boards on the Free Plan.

Your post title says “education account”, so I’d be curious as to the warning you are seeing. I am assuming that you are a teacher and therefore have a 100-user plan - perhaps that is the warning you were seeing.

As for removing boards that you are not the owner of, you can only do this by first deleting the board owner from the team, at which point you can choose the new owner of the content or if you just want to trash the content - note: even if you choose to Delete user and content, if you chose yourself as the “reassigned” user, the boards will be in the trash can until they are purged:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@eglenewinkel@cca.edu - Here are a few good posts re managing boards/projects when you have many users/students.

In a nutshell, I would highly recommend configuring the default board and project sharing settings so that only the person creating them sees them - this keeps things “neat & tidy” and “clutter free”.