Answered

Making a single board visible in two or more projects

How can I add a board to two different projects? (Sort of like having a "shortcut" file in one folder and the real file in another folder in Microsoft land). ie NOT a copy, but the same file (board) accessible directly from two different projects. Thx

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 4 May 2020, 23:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t believe there is any way to do this as it is a one-to-many relationship between projects and boards and one instance of a board can only be associated with one project.

You may wish to add a wish list post for this feature and provide a use case indicating what the benefits are to garner more votes from the community.

Kiron

Thanks. I will add a wish list post with my use case!

Hi @Kevin Joyce ! We discuss ideas for directories and tags here - https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/folders-directories-in-projects-395. You might want to check it out. :) 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kevin Joyce! Sorry for the late response, I’ve just seen your question. Could you tell me a bit more about your use case? Why do you need such a function?

Hi @Anton Telitsyn 

USE CASE

As a product manager I want to be able to display a board in one or more projects so that I can group common and crossover elements in order to better manage the project and effectively involve relevant stakeholders

SCENARIO:

• almost all of the projects have a data element, with boards in each of them showing data relationships and flows
  • As well as having a data board in each project, I want one central project titled ‘data’ where I can also post all these boards
  • this will enable a central location for our data controllers and systems architects to review and manage as oppose to having to go to multiple project boards

Thanks!

Ben