Make card-headlines as visible as shapes - or add (hidden) text to shapes

• 12 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello!
I switched to Miro from Mindomo yesterday, and love how intuitive everything is. I use it for Mindmapping and Userflow.

But one thing I struggle with:
I need to add a lot of (hidden) information to the shapes/cards.

If I use cards for everything, you loose track of all details when looking at a zoomed out view of a complex project. That is due to cards showing the headline in a much smaller style than shapes. And I can’t customize the shape of cards enough.

I’d prefer to use shapes, because of how I can customize their look.
But afaik I can’t add any hidden information/details to it. 

How can I solve this issue?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Allie !

Thanks for the interesting question! 🧐

Indeed, adding hidden text is possible with cards, but not with shapes or sticky notes. Unfortunately, the look of the cards is not very customizable. 

How about adding a text field with the same title next to the card? You can make it however big you want and then group it with the card so that they move together. 

You can also group cards with some shapes in the background to make them more noticeable. 😃

Alternatively, you can also use shapes instead of the cards and add comments to imitate hidden text (the characters limit for comments is about 2000):

But if you use shapes only, you won’t be able to set dates and add assignees to as you can with cards (in case that’s an important feature for you). 🙁

Hope it helps!