Answered

Limit editing possibilities for collaborators

• 3 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi! Sorry, English is my second language. 

I would like to create a board where the members of the university community where I work would be able to come and participative by adding some post-it. However, I don’t want the participants to be able to edit other’s post-it. Lots of people will use the board which would be available during a month time. I want every participant to be able to add a post-it, or more, and comment. I also want them to be able to see the post-it added by others, but I don’t want them to be able to edit those post-it, to move them around or to suppress them. 

To get there, I don’t want the participants to have their post-it secured with the lock mode (I won’t be there to explain). I would like to restrict the edition mode by providing each participant with the opportunity to edit their own stuff only. Is that an option?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 3 February 2021, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mariane -

unfortunately not - full edit access means participants can edit each other’s work. The only way to prevent that is to lock individual objects but that won’t stop others from unlocking them. Only you as the board owner can use the protected lock option to prevent others from unlocking your items.

You may want to submit this as an enhancement request following the guidelines here (Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro).

Kiron